How do I search for an app in the iOS 9

jehrler

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to open Dropbox on my iPhone but it is buried in a folder.

I tried spotlight which game me emails with Dropbox and its web site but not a way to find or open the app like in prior iOS versions.

Is there a new way in ios9 to open buried apps?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it in a folder or not? Have you looked in all your folders? Could it have been deleted by accident? Did you check your purchased list to see it it's there with "open" on it? Did you look in Settings >General >Usage >Manage storage > Is it here in this list?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I simply swiped downward on my home screen and began typing 'Dropbox'. Before I could even finish typing the name in full, Spotlight had already located it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439650015.277193.jpg

jehrler

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
What is puzzling is that this same thing is happening on my iPhone and iPad. That's why I wondered if there was a new search method. If it was only one machine I could write it off as a fluke.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
In settings general spotlight search make sure applications category is checked and drag the categories in order to be searched.
I'm not aware that iOS 9 will have the ability to say which folder a app is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jehrler

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
In iOS 9 there are no categories listed in settings>general>spotlight search. Just Siri suggestions toggle and a toggle for each app.

But I fixed the issue. Restarting the iPhone or the iPad was not enough. I had to hard reset each of them and now I can see apps and Top Hits. Previously Top Hits were just not there.

Thanks for the help in confirming that it should work like I expected!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 25

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. I have the app in my utilities folder.

View attachment 87563

But my search doesn't show it.

Go to Settings - General - Spotlight Search and then make sure that 'Spotlight Suggestions' is enabled.

Spotlight Suggestions shows you suggestions from the web, your contacts, apps, nearby locations, and media, including iTunes and the App Store?and even offers suggestions before you start typing.

ferreirarq

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's an indexing problem. I've been having this issues also.

I don't always get results for contacts or apps I specifically know are installed / stored on my device.

Those are the things are important to report via the feedback app.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's an indexing problem. I've been having this issues also.

I don't always get results for contacts or apps I specifically know are installed / stored on my device.

Those are the things are important to report via the feedback app.

I experience this a few times with the previous beta, but not with dev beta 5. I also did a clean install of it, too.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR