How do I save Gmail messages on my iPad from an account I can no longer access?

I

iMore Question

I have important emails that are still located on my iPad in the mail app but I no longer have access to the account.

Is there a way to move the messages to a computer so that I can restore my iPad?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why do you not have access to that account? Anyway, it's been a while since I've used the native Mail app but I recall being able to seamlessly transfer email from one account to another. I'm sure there are direction floating around here somewhere. If I find it, I'll post a link to it.

thekimlab

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
It was a work email account that now belongs to my replacement, but I still need some of the emails that I sent and received on my iPad.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
It was a work email account that now belongs to my replacement, but I still need some of the emails that I sent and received on my iPad.

I'm not sure about the US but in the UK those emails are property of your employer and not you so be careful before you start taking their data.
I'd imagine we have very similar Intellectual Property laws though.

If you believe you have a legitimate reason for having the emails and they are on the iPad either move them to another email account as above, copy and paste the contents into a note or just screen shot them.

thekimlab

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

Your message was very helpful. I do believe that I have a legitimate reason for having the email, which is the only reason I asked the question.