How do I remove my jailbreak?

les11068125

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
How do I go about updating my iPhone 3gs its on 4.2.1 the jailbreak was not used to unlock the phone, I dont wish to keep any apps that I had, I just want to upgrade to ios5, but im worried that i will break it by clicking on update in itunes.
also the power/sleep button is not working will this be a problem? :confused:

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Just connect the iPhone to your computer and click restore in iTunes. This will put the latest iOS on the phone and remove the jailbreak. You can re-jailbreak with RedSn0w if you wish. Just remember to backup the iPhone first so you won't lose any data.

Reactions: les11068125

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just connect the iPhone to your computer and click restore in iTunes. This will put the latest iOS on the phone and remove the jailbreak. You can re-jailbreak with RedSn0w if you wish. Just remember to backup the iPhone first so you won't lose any data.

Yup this ... very easy to unjailbreak.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
If you ever want to jailbreak again after iOS5, you need to think carefully since you mentioned your sleep button doesn't work. And a jailbreak requires DFU mode which involves that button.

So once you update to 5, you will only go pure unless you fix that button.

wstoneman

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
If you ever want to jailbreak again after iOS5, you need to think carefully since you mentioned your sleep button doesn't work. And a jailbreak requires DFU mode which involves that button.

So once you update to 5, you will only go pure unless you fix that button.

Not true:

First download the required archive sendspace.c o m/file/93fx93 (stupid 10 post min to post links, remove spaces in the .com)

Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/
Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes
Goto Start - run
Next type in ?c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu?
Wait for iPhone to show a ?white? screen.So you are in DFU mode...

JoeyStrummer

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Cannot restore/update to iOS 5.0.1 3gs 4.2.1 jb green pois0n

I read the post from the guy with the bad home button. I'm am in the same boat, but my buttons are fine. Everytime I try to resore or (shift restore) I get error code 21 or 3194. I dropped my security to try again....no luck. restart, everything. I have everything to re-jb to 5.0.1, but I just cant restore on fully updated iTunes.....help?

JoeyStrummer

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Cannot restore/update to iOS 5.0.1 3gs 4.2.1 jb green pois0n

I read the post from the guy with the bad home button. I'm am in the same boat, but my buttons are fine. Everytime I try to resore or (shift restore) I get error code 21 or 3194. I dropped my security to try again....no luck. restart, everything. I have everything to re-jb to 5.0.1, but I just cant restore on fully updated iTunes.....help?

j strawn

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
whenever i try to restore my phone it stops at the end and says the iphone could noy be restored because of an unexpected error(1015) and now my iphon is on recovery and i cant access it what should i do

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
whenever i try to restore my phone it stops at the end and says the iphone could noy be restored because of an unexpected error(1015) and now my iphon is on recovery and i cant access it what should i do

It's a host issue caused by tiny umbrella or ifaith... Google tiny umbrella host file for detailed walkthroughs to solve your issue!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is to completely remove a jailbreak is to NOT restore your phone from a backup.

The iTunes backup system retains a bit of the jailbreak app files and data. This can been seen if you rejailbreak your restored phone and reinstalling a jailbreak app that you had previously. 9 times out of 10, an iPhone restored from backup will retain the preferences for that jailbreak app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
what about ipad is the same apply to it, and if i connect it to my computer and do the restore from i tunes am i going to lose my data

Hello Sahl and thank you for your question. I deleted your subsequent post because it was a duplicate. Please be patient while waiting for a response. This is the weekend and people have other things to do. Now in regard to your post, it is my understanding that if your device is jailbroken and you opt to restore it via iTunes, you will not lose your data unless you restore it as new, but you will lose your jailbreak. For more information, check out the jailbreak FAQs at the link below:

http://forums.imore.com/jailbreakin...on-questions-answers-read-before-posting.html

anthony_saeger

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4. It was jailbroken when i boughtit, and i have recently had it flashed for a prepaid service. I saw on the previous thread that in order to delete the jailbreak you simply plug your iphone into your computer and go to your itunes store. What i want to know is when i do that will i have to go have my phone flashed again in order to use it. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Anthony

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4. It was jailbroken when i boughtit, and i have recently had it flashed for a prepaid service. I saw on the previous thread that in order to delete the jailbreak you simply plug your iphone into your computer and go to your itunes store. What i want to know is when i do that will i have to go have my phone flashed again in order to use it. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Anthony

Depends on what method they used to flash the phone. It may break the flash and lock it back to the original carrier. That's why it's best to do a full restore before flashing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice