how do i remove groups in contacts?

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
How do i remove this groups icon in my address book? i deleted a contact, and then all of a sudden, all my contacts were sorted by last name first name instead of first name last name and this groups button was added.... wtf...

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i can fix the last name first name bit

go settings>mail,contacts, calendar and towards the bottom og the page in the contacts field you can choose that option...

as for the groups thing i don't think i've ever seen that before

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
wait nope mine has it and it takes you to where you can choose the places your synced with

so I imagine if you have a gmail account that your contacts sync with and when you plug into itunes you have it sync with your outlook (or mac equivalent) it creates a second grouping my also syncs with mobile me so i have 3 groups.

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i dunno why it created a groups icon when i only have contacts coming from one place.. iphone... i guess when i get home i'm gonna backup/sync and then restore... see if that works... hopefully.... unless someboyd knows what's up with this crap...... weird... i dunno why my i girl did that.... *cries*

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
for your email accounts on the phone is one of them a gmail account?

if you have a gmail account in your email it can sync contacts with google and it shows up as an exchange server.

Last edited:

brianmiddleton

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
WHOA FINALLY fixed it... thanks guys... all i did was remove my hotmail exchange account and resynced it and everything is good.... f gmail :D i appreciate yalls help... this forum is the best!!!

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Group button

Hi Brian, this group button appeared because you (or a sync) created a group on your iPhone. To manage group of contacts (create or delete), we have developped a free app : Easy Group.
If you want to remove this Group button :
1- Download Easy Group : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easy-group/id461469079?mt=8&uo=4
2- Launch Easy Group, all your groups will appear
3- Tap "Edit"
4- Tap on red cross next to your unwanted groups.

Or you can simply use this group feature to classify your contacts, send group emails / texts.
Hope this helps.
Easy Group Community

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2