How do I reboot my phone

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I was told that you hold the lock and home key until the apple reappears ... then I heard to wait until the phone reboots, I cannot seem to make that happen

What is the correct way ?

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
No. While it's on, just hold down the sleep/wake button until you see "Slide to power off". After its done powering off, turn it back on by holding the sleep/wake button.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
hold them simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. then let go

No. While it's on, just hold down the sleep/wake button until you see "Slide to power off". After its done powering off, turn it back on by holding the sleep/wake button.

BLiNK is correct. Hold them both until you see the Apple logo.. then release them both.

This screen shot is taken directly from the iPhone 5 user guide:

Screen Shot 2012-10-07 at 7.26.35 AM.PNG

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
BLiNK is correct. Hold them both until you see the Apple logo.. then release them both.

This screen shot is taken directly from the iPhone 5 user guide:

View attachment 20537

That's to reset the phone. To simply reboot it you do what I said. It clearly says that at the top of the screenshot you posted. He wants to restart the phone, not reset it.
If its frozen, then yes, he would need to reset it. But he did not say anything about it being unresponsive. You do t want to do a hard reset unless its really necessary.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's to reset the phone. To simply reboot it you do what I said. It clearly says that at the top of the screenshot you posted. He wants to restart the phone, not reset it.

It doesn't 'reset' anything bud...it simply reboots, no changes are made, nothing is lost...it's basically the iPhone's hard reboot feature vs. a soft reboot (powering off using the slider), similar to a computer's hard vs. soft reboot feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Blink, Fausty82 and seanHRCC have all posted a correct response. Listen to them. They are some of the most knowledgeable, helpful and respected members associated with the iMore forums. As for me, I reboot my devices in the aforementioned manner all the time. Nothing is lost.

Just Me, D

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
^^^ JustMe'D is also all of those things...his only problem is, well...you can see it in his avatar.

No, his avatar shows that he is a man of great wisdom, It's All About The U!, although Notre Shame just man-handled us lol

Sent from my VZW iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro