How do I prevent my iPhone 5 from getting scratched?

manskers

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How can i keep my iPhone from scratching but not have to put it into a case? Its the back and sides that i worry about not so much the screen.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I would go with some kind of bumper case, which only covers the frame. Tech21 has a nice one.

Moving this thread to the Accessories forum.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Without covering it up with at least a skin of some sort, your device will get dinged, nicked, scratched or scraped at some point. I'm very careful with my iPhone and I don't cover it up with anything. Yet, the few nicks it has are still barely visible.

Last edited:

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You could just leave it on your nightstand, dresser, desk, etc. and never take it out of the house. Kidding of course, skins are probably your best bet. But its just a phone, scratches and nicks won't make it function any different. Unless you drop it of course. Just use it, I got my 5 on release day and it looks fine. I've never had it in a case or used screen protectors.

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Just get something like the Caudabe Veil. Thin as heck and protects from scratches. Since it's an actual case, no real installation. I've had one on mine for months and it's still working great. Doesn't even feel like I have a case on my phone.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Just get something like the Caudabe Veil. Thin as heck and protects from scratches. Since it's an actual case, no real installation. I've had one on mine for months and it's still working great. Doesn't even feel like I have a case on my phone.

mind posting a pic or two

abae308

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
like everyone said, use a screen protector and always carefully hand carry it. i didn't use a case for year when i had my iphone 4 and never had a single scratch.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I use an Incipio case that covers the back and sides. Never used a screen protector. But I'm very careful with my phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen