How do I prevent a deleted app from being re-downloaded...

Mistee77

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
I need to know how to block/lock/delete/whatever is needed to stop my child from being able to reinstall an app that I'm no longer happy for her to use?!?!

I bought my 8yr old daughter an iPad (Air 2 I think!) for Christmas and set up all of the parental controls so I can monitor what she's doing online.

There was a particular game that the kids at school play, so of course she wanted to play it too. It looked ok, so I agreed to download it.

As time went on, I found the game to be inappropriate for her so I deleted it from the iPad.

Everyone at school still plays it so she was pretty upset but then a few days ago she told me that she had reinstalled it while I was at work, played on it then deleted it again when I got home!!!

I don't want to punish her by taking the iPad away as she chose to come and tell me what she'd done rather than hiding it. I didn't even know that this was possible, all of our other devices are android where once an app is deleted, its gone and a password would be needed again if you were to reinstall. I'm pretty horrified that Apple allow apps to be easily accessed again and I really need to know how to stop it?!?!

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm not technologically minded so any easy to understand help or advice would be hugely appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On the iPad, go to settings > General > restrictions > enter passcode > Toggle off installing apps and anything else you might want.

74095452631379a95e9b39033442d962.jpg

Mistee77

Jun 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, would that prevent all apps from being installed? Or would I just need to put a password in for it like I do now for any new apps?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragelinaEt