How do I keep all LINE data when changing my SIM card?

I

iMore Question

Hi everyone

I have an iPhone 6 plus. I'll be changing my SIM card briefly (for about 6 weeks) as I'll be in the UK rather than my home in Japan.

I heard that if you change your SIM card you lose all your previous LINE data (eg contacts and chat history).

Is there anyway to avoid this?

If not, is there some way to keep my old account on another phone (eg use iTunes sync or iCloud back up), and then transfer it back again to my current phone when I get back to Japan?

Thanks for your help

J

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to keep all LINE data when changing SIMcard

This should help you carry the account to a different device and back.

From the Line website:

Settings necessary for carrying over your account:
1. You have registered an email address and password under Email Registration.
2. Your LINE account is linked with your Facebook account.

Some countries require you to set up a PIN or use the last four digits of your registered telephone number in order to carry over your LINE account with a different phone number.

jimbobhair

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for this. But I read that if I do this, my chat history will still be lost...

jimbobhair

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site

Not really. You can send yourself copies of all chat in the form of emails but not as chats on a new device

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
From experience a whatsapp, worked with the country of origin ph# when using a sim from another country. Line seems to be a similar app so it should work.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Since you say that you have another phone, why not take that phone with you and not run the risk of losing data on your primary device?

jimbobhair

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately Line doesn't work in the same way as whatsapp. It's less user friendly and won't let you keep the same account if you change your sim.

I can't use the other phone as it's locked. Japanese iPhones can't be unlocked. The latest iPhone I have I bought at the Apple Store so it can be unlocked.

Artie42

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I really really dislike the way of using a sim card or a cell phone number as the account name, it will make a lot of extra trouble when you change your numbers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods