How do I import the photos and videos from my 5S to my Windows computer?

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I want to import the photos and videos on my 5S to my Windows computer. When I connect my iPhone to the computer and open the DCIM folder the amount of photos is higher than what my camera roll says I have. The video count is spot on, but not the photo count. There are 90 more photos in the DCIM folder than what the camera roll shows. I suppose more is better than less, but I really would like to know why the photo count is off and what it could possibly be. Also, what is the best program or method I should use to import these photos and videos? I have over 4,000 total and would like some kind of date organization. Thanks!

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Use "My Photo Stream" which saves them to your PC if you have iCloud Control Panel, or use Dropbox's camera upload feature. Both work great.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You're really not risking anything by simply just dragging and dropping from the DCIM folder. The photos still stay on your camera roll and are basically copied on your PC (wherever you drop them). The date organization will be present too.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
It will cost a dollar or two but I really like the app PhotoSync. You download the free program to your computer and then you can transfer photos and videos via WiFI between your phone and computer. You can also use it to transfer to/from videos and photos with most cloud storage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2