How do I go about deleting an unknown app on my iPhone 6+?

I

iMore Question

Deleting An Unknown App on my iPhone 6+

My iPhone has not been jailbroken. Using 'Battery Doctor' app power usage feature I see an unknown app showing its power usage. That app's name is written in using character's that look like Korean or Chinese (could be another language that uses intricate symbols instead of western alphabet). I have captured the name of the app as a .jpg, but unfortunately I do not see a way to attach that file to this message. Since I do not see the name of this app on any screen other than when using the BD's power usage feature, I don't know how to delete it. If there is a way for me to send you the .jpg file please let me know. Also any info on sources I could consult about this issue would be welcome.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Deleting An Unknown App on my iPhone 6+

Welcome to iMore! That particular app shows up for some reason. I see it too. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Deleting An Unknown App on my iPhone 6+

These? I think these are applications not used that consume power. The bottom one could be anything. Stock app? Watch app? Not sure what kindle is. Tips app?
These may just be examples.
83895de7a04e9d867a68046b4ae57116.jpg

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Deleting An Unknown App on my iPhone 6+

I think OP was referring mainly to the one at the bottom in foreign characters.

Battery Doctor shows the same ones for everyone. I think they're just examples. I don't have kindle, nor do I have anything with Chinese characters. It's to show different levels of power usage. Or some such.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjkradel