How do I get passed the iPhone 5s activation screen?

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
How to Get Pass IPhone 5s Activation Screen

Hi everyone,
I bought a broken IPhone 5s that is supposed to be factory unlocked from a friend. I fixed it (replaced the screen and charging port) and all those work fine. My friend never cleared the phone because the battery died before he could. When I got the phone working he couldn't remember the passcode so we ITunes restored it. So now it is acting like a new phone. Makes me put in language and all that stuff but I am stuck at the SIM activation screen. I am only going to sell this phone so I don't care if it is activated I just want it ready for the new owner, but my friend thought that he still would have to put in his ITunes password later in the process so the phone was not stolen. After I restored and updated the phone from ITunes is it basically a new phone with no passwords or anything or is their something I still have to do? If so I have to get past the activation screen. I don't have a SIM card to get past it but I could buy one. If just the SIM card is in there will it let me pass that screen or will I have to get service for the SIM? All help will be greatly appreciated! :smile:
God bless,
Caleb Jefferies

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to Get Pass IPhone 5s Activation Screen

If it's iCloud locked... the only way it will ever work is for him to unlock it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So to get past that screen I can either put a new SIM card in it or have him un-ICloud lock it?

Inserting a new SIM card is not going to help in this regard. The iPhone is protected with an iCloud activation lock to prevent thieves or people who have found i-Devices from using them as their own. Having said that, the only way to bypass it is to get with the person who is associated with the iCloud credentials that is causing the activation lock. That person needs to either enter his or her iCloud information directly into the device or he or she can login to the iCloud website via a computer and then remotely wipe the device. Afterwards, you will be able to use the device as your own.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

I am not sure I exactly understand. The phone says I need to put in a SIM card... not do anything with ICloud. How would I ICloud unlock it from the phone when I can't go anywhere but the SIM activation screen. If I do it remotely from another computer how will it connect with the IPhone? Through wifi? Thanks for all your help already.:D

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You could take the sim from your phone and get past that 'need a sim' message... you won't get past activation lock without your friend doing the process posted above if the phone is activation locked. There's nothing more you need to understand than that.

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site

Does it have to be a working SIM because I don't have one:) If I do get one do I have buy service and everything?!!

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

No, an old / inactive sim will work just fine. Other people in the post are getting ahead of you and talking about cloud lock.
In order, Language, country,wifi with active or non active sim, then it contacts apple servers to look for cloud lock. If the unit does not have that enabled it will proceed to the rest of set up. If its locked then it will inform you at that point.
Your stuck at the screen where you put in wifi password but theres no sim so its asking for one.
What they are saying is if its locked you still need to get him to unlock it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen