How do I get my iPad 3 that is stuck on recovery mode Loop out of it, if I can not enter DFU mode?

I

iMore Question

iPad 3 stuck on recovery mode Loop and I can not enter DFU mode

I bought this iPad on eBay and I thought I got a great deal but when I try to format the iPad it stays idol on trying to activate and never goes thru. I tried with iTunes and it still does the same loop . Its not locked and I don't know if this was jailed break so I don't know what to do. help please

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad 3 stuck on recovery mode Loop and I can not enter DFU mode

If you can press and hold both the power & home buttons until the device powers off, you should be able to put it in DFU mode. What you may have to do is download the .ipsw file for your specific device via the following link, and then when your device enters DFU mode, direct iTunes to the .ipsw file.

iClarified - iPad - Where To Download iPad Firmware Files From

fernandezjerry1

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I tried to do the DFU mode but it still goes right into the recovery mode in iTunes and it tries to updates to latest version. I was told whoever owned it jailbreaked or tried to. they they stupidly did the ios8 update hoping to restore to the previous configuratio which locked the tablet into a loop.

fernandezjerry1

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

I was the guess who created this forum. My iPad 3 is stuck on recovery mode Loop and I can not enter DFU mode to fix it. I tried to do the DFU mode but it still goes right into the recovery mode in iTunes and it tries to updates to latest version. I was told whoever owned it jailbreaked or tried to. they they stupidly did the ios8 update hoping to restore to the previous configuratio which locked the tablet into a loop. I was told also that it's no good untill the downgrade software is released.
The problem was that someone tried to upgrade thinking it would fix the old jail break software, but it actually corrupted it and it's now in a loop. When the software to reverse the ios 8 is released, then you can downgrade the software and install a lower version, thus fixing the problem and then upgrade to ios 8. or later. I NEED HELP PLS!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro