How do I fix, No Visual Voicemail w/iOS11?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
re:

I’ve had this issue happen to me with every beta build of iOS11 I received. I literally just call my voicemail, put in my PIN, listen to the first one, hang up, and it activates VVM.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
re:

Same problem here. Toggled things off and on. Checked my network connections. Reset network connections. Hard reset. Nothing is working to fix this problem. Not a happy camper!

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
re:

Same problem here. Toggled things off and on. Checked my network connections. Reset network connections. Hard reset. Nothing is working to fix this problem. Not a happy camper!

Ok. I kept toggling airplane mode. I went to Siri and toggled the home button for Siri off and on. I called and left a message. Still nothing. Repeated the same steps again and now visual voicemail is back.

Freaking bizarre!

spootoo

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
re:

I had the same problem. I am with AT&T and have an iPhone 6s, so that may make a difference. I typically turn Suri functions off because it drains the battery. After upgrading to IOS 11 I tried everything that I saw on the forums such as: Airplane mode on/off, reset, reset of ntwk settings. None of these worked. The key I found is to go to Settings> Suri & Search >turn on "Press Home for Siri". Then do a reset (hold home button and on/off button at the same time for 10 seconds). Once I did this, the visual voice mail worked again for me.

BTW, I went back in to the Siri & Search and turned that funtion off again. Visual voice mail still works...........Hope this helps you.

I'm with Verizon (iPhone 7) and this WORKED! I usually have Siri off as well, for battery life (plus I just have not been able to get her to ever understand anything I'm actually trying to say, despite the fact that as far as I know I have no accent whatsoever). That aside, after iOS 11 update my voicemail transcripts disappeared, and after using the quoted method just now it's back! Weird that it would be the Siri toggle, but whatever works...Thanks so much for this tip!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I made this a Q&A AND non network specific since the "solution" seems to have worked for both a Verizon AND an AT&T person. :)

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I made this a Q&A AND non network specific since the "solution" seems to have worked for both a Verizon AND an AT&T person. :)

Well, the "solution" sure hasn't worked for THIS Verizon person. I just loaded the iOS 11.01 update...and it still doesn't work. :straight-face:

DonnaMeek

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Re:

“I had the same problem. I am with AT&T and have an iPhone 6s, so that may make a difference. I typically turn Suri functions off because it drains the battery. After upgrading to IOS 11 I tried everything that I saw on the forums such as: Airplane mode on/off, reset, reset of ntwk settings. None of these worked. The key I found is to go to Settings> Suri & Search >turn on "Press Home for Siri". Then do a reset (hold home button and on/off button at the same time for 10 seconds). Once I did this, the visual voice mail worked again for me.

BTW, I went back in to the Siri & Search and turned that funtion off again. Visual voice mail still works...........Hope this helps you.“

Thank you! I had the same problem. I have come to depend on visual voicemail and was worried . I also had Siri turned off, and I turned it on and reset as you described, and my visual voicemail is back! Now I am going to turn Siri back off. I opened an account here just so I could reply and thank you. Best answer!

DonnaMeek

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
Re:

Thank you Shultgre! I had the same problem. I have come to depend on visual voicemail and was worried . I also had Siri turned off, and I turned it on and reset as you described, and my visual voicemail is back! Now I am going to turn Siri back off. I opened an account here just so I could reply and thank you. Best answer!

kam2958

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Sprint 6s - same problem. Never had Siri off tho. Turned off and back on, hard reset and I think working now. This site has really saved me. Thank you all

Pauletronic

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Re:

I had the same issue no visual voicemail but I’m on sprint, did carrier update resets, everything, all I had was “tap to call voicemail” went into Siri and search (I already had tap home for search on; so I turned off, than toggled airplane mode off and on” and all my voicemail noticificatioms came in as well as a bunch of other email notifications and some app notifications that I didn’t even realize I wasn’t getting: out the Siri back and all is fine. THANK YOU!

I had the same problem. I am with AT&T and have an iPhone 6s, so that may make a difference. I typically turn Suri functions off because it drains the battery. After upgrading to IOS 11 I tried everything that I saw on the forums such as: Airplane mode on/off, reset, reset of ntwk settings. None of these worked. The key I found is to go to Settings> Suri & Search >turn on "Press Home for Siri". Then do a reset (hold home button and on/off button at the same time for 10 seconds). Once I did this, the visual voice mail worked again for me.

BTW, I went back in to the Siri & Search and turned that funtion off again. Visual voice mail still works...........Hope this helps you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal