how do I find the original owner to this I-Pad

I

iMore Question

I have a I-Pad mini and I would like to see if the original owner will release the unit to be used by another party

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I assume you found the device.
If you are able to connect it to wifi, please do so. The owner will then be able to find the device using Find my iPad.

If you have no access to the iPad, please go to the nearest Apple Store. It will connect to the free wifi there (and be found). In case you're unsuccessful even there, contact a representative in the Store, tell them you found it. If all is well, Apple should be able to identify the rightful owner and contact him.
Request a written document that you have turned over the iPad to the Apple Store.

If all steps above are not possible, go to the nearest police station and turn over the device.

Without the consent of the rightful owner you have no claim over the iPad and therefore will not be able to use it in any way.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

JustMeWhoElse

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
If Siri is setup to be available on the Lock Screen, activate Siri by holding down the Home button, then ask Siri - Who owns this iPad?" It will be displayed on the screen and you can contact them. Again, if the owner setup the iPad Contacts correctly it will.

I have a I-Pad mini and I would like to see if the original owner will release the unit to be used by another party

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I assume you found the device.
If you are able to connect it to wifi, please do so. The owner will then be able to find the device using Find my iPad.

If you have no access to the iPad, please go to the nearest Apple Store. It will connect to the free wifi there (and be found). In case you're unsuccessful even there, contact a representative in the Store, tell them you found it. If all is well, Apple should be able to identify the rightful owner and contact him.
Request a written document that you have turned over the iPad to the Apple Store.

If all steps above are not possible, go to the nearest police station and turn over the device.

Without the consent of the rightful owner you have no claim over the iPad and therefore will not be able to use it in any way.

If you have any further questions, please join our forum. We're happy to help.

If Siri is setup to be available on the Lock Screen, activate Siri by holding down the Home button, then ask Siri - Who owns this iPad?" It will be displayed on the screen and you can contact them. Again, if the owner setup the iPad Contacts correctly it will.

Combining two answers for a better "best answer" ;)

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site

I know you are going to think this is crazy BUT did you find that iPad mini on an airplane? My mother in law lost her by leaving in the seat pocket of a plane flight. She was heart broken because she had all her pictures of her European vacation on it. It's a small world so I figured I'd just see...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151