How Do I determine the mfg date of an IPHONE from Serial Number?

John McClellan

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I understand the old method of determining the mfg date from the serial number.
My problem now is there are all letters or numbers and letters.

Is there a chart I can use to determine the mfg date and month? I don't always have access to SNdeep.info/en

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to determine the mfg date of an IPHONE from Serial Number

If you put your iPhones serial number in this link it will list the build info for it: http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

Nice! Says the replacement I got from the Apple Store a week ago was manufactured Week 25 (June) of 2013!!! Guess they really do just give you a new device!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Nice! Says the replacement I got from the Apple Store a week ago was manufactured Week 25 (June) of 2013!!! Guess they really do just give you a new device!

They give out refurbished iPhones. However, Apple refurbs are so good that you really can't tell them apart from the new ones. If you look at your serial number you should have an "RF" somewhere within it which is how Apple identifies it as a refurbished device.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

They give out refurbished iPhones. However, Apple refurbs are so good that you really can't tell them apart from the new ones. If you look at your serial number you should have an "RF" somewhere within it which is how Apple identifies it as a refurbished device.

That's even better info because my serial doesn't have an RF anywhere in it. Lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

That's even better info because my serial doesn't have an RF anywhere in it. Lol

My iPad 4 was a certified Apple refurb and had RF in its serial number. I read that Apple changes the serial number on their refurbs for identification purposes. It's possible that you did not get one of their refurbs.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

My iPad 4 was a certified Apple refurb and had RF in its serial number. I read that Apple changes the serial number on their refurbs for identification purposes. It's possible that you did not get one of their refurbs.

Refurb or not though I'm happy with their CS and that link provides some great info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I’ve had my iPhone 5 replaced twice - both times for spots on/in the camera lens... none of my serials had RF in them...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
RE: How to determine the mfg date of an IPHONE from Serial Number

I?ve had my iPhone 5 replaced twice - both times for spots on/in the camera lens... none of my serials had RF in them...

Maybe the refurbs that Apple gives out as replacements are different than the Certified Refurbished Devices that they sell in their online store.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Maybe the refurbs that Apple gives out as replacements are different than the Certified Refurbished Devices that they sell in their online store.

The guy at the Genius Bar told me they were new devices, packaged alone (no charger/accessories) in unmarked white boxes to be used for warranty replacements. I had my doubts about it actually being "new", as opposed to being "remanufactured", but that’s what I was told.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

The guy at the Genius Bar told me they were new devices, packaged alone (no charger/accessories) in unmarked white boxes to be used for warranty replacements. I had my doubts about it actually being "new", as opposed to being "remanufactured", but that?s what I was told.

Exact same thing I was told.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

is it just me or am I thinking it's not really a good idea to post your serial number of your phone to a website like this? I mean, can they do anything with your serial number?

#justbeingskeptical

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

is it just me or am I thinking it's not really a good idea to post your serial number of your phone to a website like this? I mean, can they do anything with your serial number?

#justbeingskeptical

Had that same thought too. Lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

#justbeingskeptical

I've been using this site for a while now and never once has anything happened.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I've been using this site for a while now and never once has anything happened.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

Until that one day some new creep is lurking! Lol