How do I create Document Handling and Organizational Capability folders?

thomascgty

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Document Handling and Organizational Capability

I come from a BlackBerry smartphone and do documents on-the-go. Any information on documents/folders organization and document handling on iOS is greatly appreciated.

(1) Can we create documents folders?
(2) How is the visual organization of the documents/folders?
(3) Any app for document editing?
(4) Is Microsoft Office available or does it have a "subscription" fee to use?

I am leaning towards...
LG G3, Samsung Note 3/4 for Android.
Z10/Z30 for BlackBerry.
iPhone6 Plus for iOS.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Document Handling and Organizational Capability

Just to avoid beating around the bush...if you're looking for document handling even close to what you've been used to with your BB, you can pretty much eliminate the iPhone from your considered devices. This device can do document handling and organization, but really through a handful of work arounds and 3rd party app options. The device on it's own has a very streamlined document management array as the iPhone was never supposed to be a powerhouse in this regard.

All that said, if you don't mind working amongst several apps and online systems...you can do pretty much anything you need to do with documents on the iPhone.

Microsoft Office is not available on the iPhone as you would normally think of it. It's a "Mobile" version, and has not been received favorably by people who have used Office on other platforms, including Mac. Apple does offer several office options though for free with the new devices that replicate the tools found in the iWork suite.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Document Handling and Organizational Capability

I use iWork, Google Apps, and Doc-To-Go to create and edit documents, then store them in Google Drive under different folders. It works perfectly for me. In my humble opinion, now that you have a new device, it is a great opportunity to rethink your work flow. :)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Documents by Readdle. It has iCloud Drive access.

+1 for Documents.

Once more apps start supporting the iOS8 file picker API, Documents (and similar apps) will basically function like Finder on iOS. Personally not my cup of tea, I prefer cloud storage. But if local document storage is a big deal for you, then it will be much easier soon.

Edit: and iWork has just been updated to support the file picker and works perfectly with Documents 5.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro