How do I connect two Dell Monitors to my late model 2013 Mac Mini?

bluntedge

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
how do I connect two Dell Monitors to my late model 2013 Mac Mini?

I have late model mac mini with one thunderbolt/dvi slot and a HDMI slot. I recently bought two 25"(625mm) Dell Monitors and want to run dual monitors . I have one monitor connected via mini DVI to the thunderbolt slot on the mac mini and a HDMI connected via mac mini to the 2nd monitor. It works ok but I can't get the monitors to match in resolution. One monitor via mini dvi/thunderbolt is at 2560 x 1440 and the 2nd monitor is at 2048 x 1152 . My question is how can I hook up two monitors and get the same resolution ? Is there someway I hook up two mini dvi from the monitors to the mac mini?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: how do I connect two Dell Monitors to my late model 2013 Mac Mini?

My guess would be that you are getting the max resolution for each connection method and that you will need to set the dvi/thunderbolt 1 down to match the HDMI one. Let me poke around my MBP and see if I can find where that setting is, ok I don't have a monitor handy to plug in (well I don't have a cord actually, BUT I think I found the spot), BUT click on the Apple at the upper left, then System Preferences, then Displays. I'm sure the settings will be somewhere in there. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR