How do I choose between contacts from icloud and contact from icloud(2) and contacts from icloud(3)

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If this question is too long and annoying just answer any part of it and once that's working I can repost the other parts.
I have Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 and iphone 5, and have been trying to get them synced properly for months. I had it where the contacts were properly synced between icloud.com and the phone, and the calendars were kind of synced but very slow to respond to each other. And there has always been an email glitch with outlook: when the icloud addin is checked, emails don't send properly but the calendar syncs, and when it's not checked, I can send properly but the calendar doesn't sync. This probably accounts for all the icloud from icloud from icloud sets.

1. I installed the new icloud control panel
2. I logged out. I logged back in.
3. It asked me whether I wanted to sync all calendars, contacts, email, or just some, as it would during an initial set up.
4. I picked calendars and contacts. This was a mistake. My contacts were properly synced between my phone and icloud and that was sufficient. My home computer has a contact list that is much more comprehensive than the one on the phone, by hundreds of entries. Emails play no part in any of this.
5. At some point I was asked whether I wanted to keep the data on my computer or delete and I said keep it.

Now, i have the following issues:
Multiple dupes of contacts in icloud.com and on the phone. I know that "contacts from icloud(4)" [seen on my outlook] is the version of the contacts that I want on icloud.com and my iphone. "Contacts" is the list I want on my outlook only. No contacts need to be synced between outlook and iphone and/or icloud.com: it's just the initial upload of the list that I want on the phone and icloud.com that is the goal here.

"Calendar" looks correct on my outlook and in icloud.com. "Calendar from icloud" is missing most of its entries in my outlook and on icloud.com. Neither is responding to changes made on the iphone calendar and vice versa. [NB: Local calendar in outlook is completely blank]

I need to set up the contacts and the calendars on both outlook and icloud.com, that contain the desired data for each and are properly synced with the iphone. In the past I have removed the account from Outlook and started all over with the control panel, using trial and error.

And one,final annoyance: I cannot get the new icloud icon to display in the task tray and yes, I have checked it off in the control panel.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If all of your devices are setup with iCloud using the EXACT same Apple ID and have the EXACT same options enabled to sync then all of your devices should be in-sync and contain the exact same data. I don't have a PC and I do not use or have ever used the iCloud control panel, however, iCloud sync should still work the same at its core. Having said that, I recommend you delete the iCloud accounts from your device and your computer as well as have the information deleted from those device when asked. Don't worry, the information is readily available via iCloud online, but to be certain, login to www.icloud.com and make sure your data is readily available in full. If it is, great. If the data is indeed intact online, then go ahead and reconfigure your iPhone and your computer (outlook 2007) for use with iCloud and make sure that whatever you have set to sync on one device is set up the same way on the other. Shortly afterwards, your iCloud data will sync to both devices with the exact same information. If your data is incomplete via iCloud online, then make sure you add whatever is missing (manually, most likely) before preceding with the aforementioned instructions. It is also a good idea to export your iCloud contacts for safekeeping. Anyway, I hope this help. Take care...:)

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your prompt response. One point needs clarification: formerly, I found the iCloud account in outlook under tools/accounts. Now, it's gone. Any insight here? Is that what you meant by deleting all icloud accounts??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your prompt response. One point needs clarification: formerly, I found the iCloud account in outlook under tools/accounts. Now, it's gone. Any insight here? Is that what you meant by deleting all icloud accounts??

I'm unfamiliar with using iCloud via Outlook, but I'm sure there's a way to delete it or sign out of it either via Outlook or the iCloud Control panel. Again, I don't use a PC or the iCloud Control panel so use your best judgment. The point is to remove the information from your PC and then reconfigure iCloud so that your iCloud data can sync back to your PC.

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Copy that. I think I'll just remove the control panel altogether and reinstall. I got into trouble because I upgraded to v3. When will I learn. Same deal with iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73