How Deep Into The EcoSystem Are You And...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
...what is the biggest benefit you gain from you?

My Apple devices:
iPhone 7 Plus
iPad Pro 12.9
MacBook Pro
AppleTV
Apple Watch 1 Gen

Biggest Benefit?
The communication between devices. I love that I'm ALWAYS connected. To some, being connected is an annoyance. To me, it means I never miss a notification. I always have at least one of these devices near me so it's great that all notifications go to these devices. The HandOff feature is also a great benefit.

What about you?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
9.7" iPad Pro
Pencil
iPhone 7 Plus
4th Generation TV
Apple AirPort Extreme
1st Generation Watch
MacBook

Ease of use & ecosystem

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
9.7" iPad Pro
Pencil
iPhone 7 Plus
4th Generation TV
Apple AirPort Extreme
1st Generation Watch
MacBook

Ease of use & ecosystem

I completely forgot about my Apple Pencil. Guess I should show it more love. Without me being an artist, I sometimes struggle in remembering to use it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I completely forgot about my Apple Pencil. Guess I should show it more love. Without me being an artist, I sometimes struggle in remembering to use it.

I hear ya. Being that my Pencil is kept atop of my iPad Pro, I can't forget to use it...(laughing)...

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Pressed enter too early!

iPhone 6s
iPad mini 3
Apple Watch 1st gen

And in my car an iPod 3rd gen

All computers are Windows PC

TVs have Chromecasts attached to them

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Used to have MBA, iPad and iPhone, now it's just iPhone and iPad Pro. I travel nonstop all over the western half of the US, mostly to places where there is no wifi, I synchronize my devices whenever I hit a big town. When home, everything is synced via continuity. Mostly I like that Apple makes everything a no brainer, my devices do what I need, when I need, the way I want.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So far literally my whole family has iPhones ranging from an iPhone 5 to my wife's 7 plus
Older MacBook Pro with SSD upgrade
Apple TV 3rd gen
Old iPad 3 that my wife uses in her classroom.
We use a mixture of the Apple TV and chrome casts Apple TV definitely works better with our iPhones. Wanting to eventually get a 4th gen Apple TV and possibly see about ditching cable

macher

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
...what is the biggest benefit you gain from you?

My Apple devices:
iPhone 7 Plus
iPad Pro 12.9
MacBook Pro
AppleTV
Apple Watch 1 Gen

Biggest Benefit?
The communication between devices. I love that I'm ALWAYS connected. To some, being connected is an annoyance. To me, it means I never miss a notification. I always have at least one of these devices near me so it's great that all notifications go to these devices. The HandOff feature is also a great benefit.

What about you?

Honestly when it comes to photo storage Apple sucks. Companies like Google and Amazon offer free unlimited photo storage. I buy iPhones every year and Apple only gives me 5GB and I don't give Google a dime of my money directly.

Google doesn't do this for free. I do give Google money indirectly if I view one of their ads which I don't or when Google drops a cookie. Lot of people don't like how Google tracks you like this. I don't have a problem even a little bit with personalized ads but that's why Google can give you unlimited storage. I don't view them.

I like to try to have everything on one platform and because of photo storage I use Google Photos and so I might as well use the other Google services such as email, calendars etc. Amazon photos looks interesting though.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus (primary)
iPhone 6s Plus (backup/testing)
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6
iPad Pro 12.9
Pencil (for 12.9)
iPad Pro 9.7
Pencil (for 9.7)
AirPods
Powerbeats3
Watch Sport (testing)
Watch SS (backup)
Watch SS S2 (primary)
10+  Bands
TV gen 3
TV gen 3
Airport Extreme
Airport Extreme
Airport Express
Airport Express
13" rMBP
15" rMBP
Magic Touchpad
Magic Keyboard

I think thats it, but I am sure I missed something :)

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 6s
iPhone 5c (spare the kids use)
iPhone 5 (test)
iPad Air 2
iPad mini (static and mounted to wall for smart home over ride)
iPad mini (test)
iPad (original)
Apple TV 4th Gen (bedroom)
Apple TV 4th Gen (lounge)
13" MacBook (2007)
13" MacBook Air (2015)
Apple Watch 42mm S2

I'm fully integrated into most services Apple offer as well such as Apple Music and iCloud.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
At the moment:

7 Plus
iPad Air 2
MacBook Pro 2013
Apple TV 4th gen at home and office

7 Plus for everyday use. Messaging, Twitter, little dose of media consumption, email, etc.

Air 2 used not as much but primarily for reading news and lots of video consumption.

MacBook Pro for work related stuff.

Apple TV pretty much daily at home since I have no cable subscription. Usually use TV apps with credentials of people I know.

I used to do a lot of iTunes purchasing which has decreased very dramatically in the last couple of years in order to further myself from the ecosystem in case I decide to switch to another platform. I'm curious if anyone else is doing something similar.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 7 plus (primary)
iPhone 6s Plus (backup/testing)
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6
iPhone 6
iPad Pro 12.9
Pencil (for 12.9)
iPad Pro 9.7
Pencil (for 9.7)
AirPods
Powerbeats3
Watch Sport (testing)
Watch SS (backup)
Watch SS S2 (primary)
10+  Bands
TV gen 3
TV gen 3
Airport Extreme
Airport Extreme
Airport Express
Airport Express
13" rMBP
15" rMBP
Magic Touchpad
Magic Keyboard

I think thats it, but I am sure I missed something :)

Yep I knew I forgot something...

iPad mini stuck to fridge for grocery list and family calendar

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep I knew I forgot something...

iPad mini stuck to fridge for grocery list and family calendar

Oh wow. You're definitely invested into the ecosystem, lol.

Question, I'm completely ignorant to the AirPort devices. What advantages do those offer over a standard internet router? A better question might be, would you recommend one to someone who has several Apple devices and why?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly when it comes to photo storage Apple sucks. Companies like Google and Amazon offer free unlimited photo storage. I buy iPhones every year and Apple only gives me 5GB and I don't give Google a dime of my money directly.

Google doesn't do this for free. I do give Google money indirectly if I view one of their ads which I don't or when Google drops a cookie. Lot of people don't like how Google tracks you like this. I don't have a problem even a little bit with personalized ads but that's why Google can give you unlimited storage. I don't view them.

I like to try to have everything on one platform and because of photo storage I use Google Photos and so I might as well use the other Google services such as email, calendars etc. Amazon photos looks interesting though.

I will agree with your point about Apples photo storage. I honestly don't really use iCloud storage for much beyond backups of my iPhone and iPad. I will use iCloud Drive more to transfer documents and things but thats about it. I personally use DropBox for my photos. The only Apple service I use regularly is Apple Music.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Oh wow. You're definitely invested into the ecosystem, lol.

Question, I'm completely ignorant to the AirPort devices. What advantages do those offer over a standard internet router? A better question might be, would you recommend one to someone who has several Apple devices and why?

I like the ease of use on them. I setup the main Airport Extreme next to the modem then the second AirPort Extreme is set to extend my network on the main level of the house. The Airport Expresses are being used as network adaptors to connect devices via a wire to my network and as Airplay hubs. I have speakers hooked up to them. I like being able to use the Airport app on my phone to turn on and off the guest network when we have guests over. Using the setup the way I do I have crazy wifi coverage.

nappalonia

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Last November I decided to try an iPhone after I left the Blackberry platform. I bought an Iphone 6Splus, needed an new laptop this year so went ahead and purchsed the 2016 MBP 15", got some Christmas money and bought an apple watch S2. Not an Android fan so I guess this is it for me.:cool: I am really enjoying using apple pay and how everything works together across all devices.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the ease of use on them. I setup the main Airport Extreme next to the modem then the second AirPort Extreme is set to extend my network on the main level of the house. The Airport Expresses are being used as network adaptors to connect devices via a wire to my network and as Airplay hubs. I have speakers hooked up to them. I like being able to use the Airport app on my phone to turn on and off the guest network when we have guests over. Using the setup the way I do I have crazy wifi coverage.

That is awesome. Thanks for that explanation. I may have to look into a similar set up.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Last November I decided to try an iPhone after I left the Blackberry platform. I bought an Iphone 6Splus, needed an new laptop this year so went ahead and purchsed the 2016 MBP 15", got some Christmas money and bought an apple watch S2. Not an Android fan so I guess this is it for me.:cool: I am really enjoying using apple pay and how everything works together across all devices.

Sounds like an exciting past year! Enjoy your new devices. I, like you, really enjoy the way everything works across the devices. I've got some AirPods on the way and I'm excited with the way they connect across all my iCloud enabled devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods