How can we preserve our favorite 32-bit iOS apps?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Imagine how the 16-bit apps felt on computers. LOL.

Or ActiveX, or classic apps.

Eventually you have to sacrifice the past for the good of the future. Or you're left still running Windows 98 in an OS X world.

I have a few old Amgia and Nintendo games I love, so the dedicated device idea sounds best to me!

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Oh... this thread just reminded me that I have an iPad 2 lying around, running iOS 9.3.5 as that's as far as it can go. PERFECT device for 32-bit app preservation!

That's something I'll keep in mind. I know someone with one of those. Lucky you kept it around. :)

Imagine how the 16-bit apps felt on computers. LOL.

Or ActiveX, or classic apps.

Eventually you have to sacrifice the past for the good of the future. Or you're left still running Windows 98 in an OS X world.

I have a few old Amgia and Nintendo games I love, so the dedicated device idea sounds best to me!

The importance of progress is undeniable, but history is worth preserving.

Not everyone can be a historian, but we lose a lot if no one is. There are some amazing things that we are going to lose, but if we can avoid losing them completely, it's worth the effort.

That note in 16-bit programs give me an idea. Hmmm…

For now, my plan is to make my iPad Mini 2 a legacy device. I'll probably disable Safari and email, but keep Instapaper and other apps.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77