How can someone have an Apple ID the same as my email address?

I

iMore Question

I'm trying to set up an Apple ID on my phone. I've been sharing with a friend for a long time and need to break free! I went through the new Id process and when complete it says someone with MY email address already has an account. I tried to reset my password via email and received nothing. I tried via the other way and it says my info doesn't match up! What gives? Do I have to get another email again? Do this all over again??!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to set up an Apple ID on my phone. I've been sharing with a friend for a long time and need to break free! I went through the new Id process and when complete it says someone with MY email address already has an account. I tried to reset my password via email and received nothing. I tried via the other way and it says my info doesn't match up! What gives? Do I have to get another email again? Do this all over again??!!

Probably, especially if you can't prove that the account is indeed yours. Who's to say that you aren't trying to gain access or take over someone else's account?

shorski

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
You have to get another email address. Apple won't be able to help you if you can't prove the account is yours by matching up the info on it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73