How can I troubleshoot iOS 11’s App Store?

I

iMore Question

it won’t download or update my apps and it really bugs me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: how can i trouble trouble shoot ios 11 app store

Try rebooting your device and/or resetting your settings.

jamboytx

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
I tried that and it didn’t work. I just reset my settings and it didn’t work. I don’t know why it just says unable to purchase

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried that and it didn’t work. I just reset my settings and it didn’t work. I don’t know why it just says unable to purchase

Try going to settings > iTunes and App Store > Tap on Apple ID at the top > sign out > Do a hard reset (reboot) > then sign back in.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
that didn’t work either

I know this is a silly question, but you do have a card associated with your Apple ID to make purchases with correct? Other than that I’m not entirely sure what it could be off the top of my head. I sometimes have to wait a long time for apps to actually update on iOS 11 right now.

jamboytx

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
and i can now download apps that i have used before and deleted and i can update i just can’t download new apps that i haven’t used

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
and i can now download apps that i have used before and deleted and i can update i just can’t download new apps that i haven’t used

Then more than likely you don’t have a current pay method registered. Login to your iTunes account and then make the necessary changes within.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Or, as someone here suggested, buy a $5 iTunes card and have a balance in there to get free apps. It worked for me. However if I wish to purchase an app worth more I have to get another iTunes card.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Reset the phone, and before you reinstall from your last backup check to see if the app store works. If it doesn't then use the Feedback app to submit a bug report.

jamboytx

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
i have always not had a payment method and on the ios 11 beta you can’t hit the erase all data and content button to wipe it

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You might need to go back to the current release version. Could be a bug in the beta. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
OP is correct you can not use erase content and settings.

The OP has to plug into iTunes and wipe device manually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR