How can I transition my music to a new iPhone from Android?

May 6, 2020
Visit site
So always been an Android user. I recently bought an Iphone8 to dip my toes in the other side. Still trying to get used to it. I hate that it doesnt allow fir a memory card. I have a 64 phone but a ton of music i cant move over from am android. Any suggestions on how to make the leap?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to transition to IOS from Android??

So always been an Android user. I recently bought an Iphone8 to dip my toes in the other side. Still trying to get used to it. I hate that it doesnt allow fir a memory card. I have a 64 phone but a ton of music i cant move over from am android. Any suggestions on how to make the leap?

I just want to take a minute to welcome you to iMore! Having always been an iOS user, I can’t really answer your question. However there are many former Android users here, and hopefully, they’ll come along very soon and offer you assistance.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I came from Blackberry to iOS and then back to Blackberry. From there I went to Android and then back to iOS for good. Getting use to iOS was not difficult, but it felt awkward because I was so used to doing things differently. With that being said, once I got used to it, it all made sense.

I’ve been using an iPhone without switching to something else since the iPhone 4S. I had the iPhone 3G before that, but I opted to return to Blackberry. Anyway, don’t hesitate to seek assistance here in the forums if you have any questions or concerns. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your iPhone like many of us enjoy ours. Take care.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Greetings and salutations. Welcome to iMore.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to iMore! I use both Android and iOS myself. I know Apple has a tool specifically to aid in the switching process. As for the music, if you have the physical files I would recommend for installing Apple Music and uploading them to iCloud music library so you can stream them through the Apple Music app. Having them in the cloud will also free up some storage space.

May 6, 2020
Visit site

I hear ya but I dont know how to do that. The music files are all downloaded into my Google music app. I downloaded the app onto my iPhone thinking I could play them on the iPhone but I could not

Jeffrey

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

I hear ya but I dont know how to do that. The music files are all downloaded into my Google music app. I downloaded the app onto my iPhone thinking I could play them on the iPhone but I could not

Jeffrey

I use Google Music Manager.
Download the music to your computer using GMM and then plug your iPhone into your computer to drag and drop.

May 6, 2020
Visit site

I tried downloading that but Google Music doesnt show my music library on my computer...only on my android phone. Im not sure why. Im using the same google account ....

Jeffrey

justCJ

May 8, 2020
Visit site

Hello Jeff.
I never used google music, but can’t you locate the folder with your songs inside the phone’s memory (with a file manager)?

May 6, 2020
Visit site

I dont either but its not shiwing in my song library in google music. But back to my question, hiw do i get my google music library into my itunes on my iphone

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Go to: play.music.com from your browser on your computer.
Is all your Google music there?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Let me ask one more question, based on your initial post it comes across to me that you have your music on an SD card. Is that correct?

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Hey everybody, I just switched from Android to IOS, how do I update old Android apps to IOS? I mean the respective versions support iOS

Any apps you had on Android will have to be redownloaded on your iOS app. Unfortunately, paid apps don't transfer and you would have to purchase the iOS version.

You can check out post #3 above to see if some of your free apps can be automatically transferred.