how can i transfer my text messages from my iPhone 3gs to iPhone 4?

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Yes, just sync your 3gs with itunes and make sure it backs up....then once you have your iphone 4...sync that and restore from backup.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that didn't happen using the gold master candidate iTunes 9.2, at least not for me. Not a big deal, but I am sure Apple will fix this.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Back that @$$ up

no restoring wont do anything to the OS it is just your info. Anyone who JB their phone has to restore each time. I don't remember ever having my text messages after a restore and I've done it 3 times from 1.x to 3.1.2

Mike4391

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone 3GS is jailbroken and unlocked, if I do a backup on iTunes and restore that onto the iPhone 4, it'll still be locked iOS4, right?

Robocop21

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 3GS and wanted to transfer my SMS's to my new iPhone 4
I saw all the above methods
Sorry to say but all are very confusing and some just did not work
so I found this
Extremely simple and easy method to solve (The SMS Transfer) issue
I wanted to share with the community
well here it goes

Step One : Backup both your iPhones
Step Two : Search and download iTools for iPhone free download (for PC or MAC)
Step Three : Open itools & plug in your iphone 3GS
Step Four : Your iPhone will be detected & all details would be displayed on the left Panel
Step Five : Click on File Sytems
Step Six : On the right Panel click on filesystem (Jailbreak)
Step Seven : Go to filesystem/user/ library/sms
Step Eight : On the far right panel, you will see some very important folders and files
Step Nine : Simply Select All, Right Click and copy em in a new Folder may be on the desktop (Name it iPhone 3GS SMS)
Step Ten : Disconnect iphone 3GS and connect iPhone 4
Step Eleven : Repeat the steps from Five to Nine (Only copy them in a new folder and name it iPhone 4 SMS. (Note : We dont need these files n folders,
but just in case something goes wrong, we can replace them back)
Step Twelve : Copy the files n folders from the directory on the desktop named iPhone 3GS SMS
and paste the in the iphone 4 here (the program will ask wether to replace existing files n folders, in some chinese lingo,
but u can see Y and N on each buttons so click on the left (Y)
And thats about it, You are done, As simple as that, All the SMS on the iPhone 3GS are transfered on the new device.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Caution : This worked like a charm for me, but it may not be the same for everyone so just in case anything goes wrong you can replace the previously saved files n folders in iPhone 4 SMS directory back. I am very clear, I am not responsible for any loss or damage, Do at your own risk.

jessica890

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I just did this the other day. When you take a back up of your existing iphone on itunes, and then restore to your new iPhone 4 from that back up, every thing is there on your new iPhone, your txt messages, your favourite numbers, even the log of calls made on your old Iphone. I don't quite know how its done but it just works.

smithaaa

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Moblie Transfer allows you to text messages on the iPhone memory card, iCloud, Exchange, Hotmail, Yahoo and other accounts by just clicking 1 button. What's more, besides the contact copying, it allows you to transfer text messages from iPhone 3gs to iPhone 4 as well, even though you don't have any account. Before implementing the following procedure, you need to download it by clicking the button below.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2