How can I transfer data ie contacts, notes from my iPhone 4s to iClouds, I have iOS 7.1.2

I

iMore Question

How can I transfer data ie contacts, notes from my iphone 4s to iclouds. i have iOS 7.1.2

Nothing new seems to transfer

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How can I transfer data ie contacts, notes from my iphone 4s to iclouds. i have iOS 7.1.2

Welcome to iMore! It doesn't exactly transfer. iCloud is a back up option for what is currently on your phone. It stores your data that's on your phone. If you delete the data from your phone, it's also is deleted from iCloud. To back up your data to iCloud, go to Settings > iCloud > Back up> Toggle on back up > back up. Leave auto back up on and it will back up automatically when the phone is asleep and plugged in. Always delete all the photos in your " recently deleted" album in photos before backing up.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I transfer data ie contacts, notes from my iphone 4s to iclouds. i have iOS 7.1.2

Here is a guide for notes
http://m.imore.com/notes

In order to get all your contacts in iCloud do as follow.
1: Disable contacts in Settings > iCloud. When prompted, choose to keep all contacts on iPhone
2: go to www.icloud.com, log in with the same account as on your iPhone. Go to Contacts and
Delete all contacts you see.
3: Now, on your iPhone, open Settings > iCloud> and enable Contacts.
All contacts will now be synced to iCloud and therefore to all devices using that account.

If you don't follow above steps your contacts will be splintered between iCloud and iPhone only. In order to have them all in iCloud, it's best to follow above steps

If you have any further questions, please sign up for our forum. We're happy to help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristopherCR