How can I sync music to my new Apple Watch?

shorey

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Sync Music to Apple Watch

Hi everyone,

First time poster so please be gentle!

I finally succumbed and purchased the Apple watch today. The set up has been straight forward and was very intuitive. However, I am trying to sync a playlist to the watch (there is plenty of room as the Playlist is 200 songs and watch tells me i can have 250 so that isn't the issue). I go into the watch app on the phone and go on to music and select the playlist i want to sync, but all it is doing is saying that 'Sync Pending'.

I wasn't sure if it was due to the watch not being sync'd with the itunes account, which i have now done but that hasnt helped.

Anyone got any idea where I am going wrong.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sync Music to Apple Watch

Put your watch on the charger while its syncing. I believe that's what you have to do. Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shorey

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

ahh ok that makes sense, didnt think of that, will do it when i go to bed as it hasnt had a full charge yet. Will report back if it has worked.

T1ck_T0ck

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Awesome, I was just wondering about this the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

igeeksblog

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site

Here are few steps to sync your music from iPhone to your apple watch:-

1. Connect your Watch to its Magnetic Charging Cable.
2. Go to Settings on your iPhone and then turn on Bluetooth.
3. Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
4. Tap on Music.
5. Tap on Synced Playlist.
6. Now, you need to tap on the playlist which you want to sync with your Apple Watch.
7. You will see a message reading –Sync Pending. It means music is being synced.

Now, you have to wait until the music is synced successfully.

birdman325

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Is the benefit of having music directly on your watch, that you can (i) sync your BT headphones to pair with the watch (as opposed to pairing with the phone) and (ii) go out without your phone and listen to the music directly off of your watch?

(I know that seems obvious, but I guess I never really thought about putting music directly on the watch because my BT headphones connect to my phone and while I have used the watch to control the music, I guess I never focussed on putting the music on the watch and connecting the headphones right to the watch)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Is the benefit of having music directly on your watch, that you can (i) sync your BT headphones to pair with the watch (as opposed to pairing with the phone) and (ii) go out without your phone and listen to the music directly off of your watch?
Yes, it is a benefit.

(I know that seems obvious, but I guess I never really thought about putting music directly on the watch because my BT headphones connect to my phone and while I have used the watch to control the music, I guess I never focussed on putting the music on the watch and connecting the headphones right to the watch)
That's okay. I put music on my Watch when I first got it and paired it with my Motorola Buds just to test it out, but I've long since removed that music from it. When I go on runs or speed walks, I zone out and focus on the task at hand and therefore, listening to music in that regard is not that important to me.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site

Am i able to sync a playlist i saved off of apple music and is locally stored? i followed all of the other steps and have the watch connected to power and tried to sync overnight but it never took. Am i just not able to do this with apple music library or do i just need to keep fussing with it?

and on a random side note as a person who buys a lot of music i love the playlists it creates for me for discovering new songs but i wish apple would allow me to bulk purchase the entire playlist and not go song by song.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4