How can I set the Mail app to not display all mailboxes or delete the trash at the server level?

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I just added my Comcast email account to my phone. It shows all the mailboxes I have created but I don't want all of them to show up on my phone. Also, when I delete messages from the trash mailbox, they are deleted from my server as well. What do I need to do to keep that from happening?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
E mail account settings

If you are using imap, that is how it works. When you delete a message on your phone, it is synced with the server and thus whatever you do on your phone is done on the server as well.

If you want the messages to stick around, have them forwarded to another email address like an outlook.com email and then set up the outlook.com email on your phone.

This is what I do. The nice thing about outlook.com is you can go to their site and set up your actual email address as an alias, so when you respond to an email, it will show your real email address as the from email and not the outlook.com address. You will also get the benefit of instant push email on your iPhone vs fetching at specified intervals.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. The interesting thing is I had my Comcast account registered on the phone as a pop account originally. Was having some problems so I deleted the account and re-added it. But now it has to be an IMAP setting. I think I'll do what you suggest though.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
How can I set the Mail app to not display all mailboxes or delete the trash a...

Just remember to turn on "keep a copy" when forwarding, so it leaves them on home email server.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods