How can I reduce the size of photos for emailing purposes?

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Dear folk

I used my iPhone x for work and we need to captures 6-10 photos for each work we do.

On my phone I used Outlook app for my work email (work domain) and when I try to email those photos email gets failed because of the sizes of photos.

I used to have android with android we can set resolution of pictures to minimize sizes , since that option in available on iPhone x what suggestion can you share with me ?

Yes I know we can download photos to laptop and resize them and email them not convenient but if there is no option I have to do it

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Photo settings and then enable the “Optimize iPhone Storage” option. You can also disable HDR.

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Go to the Photo settings and then enable the “Optimize iPhone Storage” option.
This option only available if "iCloud Photo Library" is switched on but I had already switched off "iCloud Photo Library"

You can also disable HDR.
I have feeling won't do too much but I will try and see

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When I email photos from my iPhone,

• I open photos, select the ones I want to send, tap the box with the up arrow, and select email
  • I then fill in the email addresses I want to send the photos to, add a subject, and it send
  • I am then prompted to select the size I want the photo(s) to be. Once I tap on a size, the photos are sent.

Here is a screenshot:

sizing photos in email.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When I email photos from my iPhone,

• I open photos, select the ones I want to send, tap the box with the up arrow, and select email
  • I then fill in the email addresses I want to send the photos to, add a subject, and it send
  • I am then prompted to select the size I want the photo(s) to be. Once I tap on a size, the photos are sent.

Here is a screenshot:

View attachment 122597

I get that option too on my phone and I'm also using the Mail app. The OP specified they are using Outlook. I don't use Outlook so I don't know if those same options are available.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I get that option too on my phone and I'm also using the Mail app. The OP specified they are using Outlook. I don't use Outlook so I don't know if those same options are available.

Good point!!! I meant this suggestion as an alternative to Outlook! :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Good point!!! I meant this suggestion as an alternative to Outlook! :)

It works fine using Outlook on the stock Mail app. You have to change the sending address to the Outlook address. I sent 3 photos at the largest option to another of my addresses from my Outlook. No problems. It was held up a moment in Outbox, but went on through.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

They are on Outlook in the stock Mail app. Don't know about the Outlook app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dear folk

I used my iPhone x for work and we need to captures 6-10 photos for each work we do.

On my phone I used Outlook app for my work email (work domain) and when I try to email those photos email gets failed because of the sizes of photos.

I used to have android with android we can set resolution of pictures to minimize sizes , since that option in available on iPhone x what suggestion can you share with me ?

Yes I know we can download photos to laptop and resize them and email them not convenient but if there is no option I have to do it

Thanks

Don't use the Outlook app. Add your Outlook mail to the stock Mail app. It should work there. There may be a 20 photos per email limit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77