How can I move from iOS 13.1 Public beta w/o losing data or having to restore?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping they have the beta for 13.1 for the new phones on launch day so we don’t have the same issues as when the X was released and all of us on the Dev track could not restore to the new phones

What do we think the odds are that we can enroll an iPhone 11 in the beta for 13.1 on launch day?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping they have the beta for 13.1 for the new phones on launch day so we don’t have the same issues as when the X was released and all of us on the Dev track could not restore to the new phones

What do we think the odds are that Apple will have the 13.1 beta profiles available for iPhone 11 on launch day?

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Removing the beta profile will prevent you from being able to install any further beta versions OTA (over the air).

With that being said, you can still reinstall the current official release and next official release, but you’re still going to have to use the restore option.

If you’re currently running iOS 13.1 beta and you opt to remove only the beta profile, you will not be alerted when the official iOS 13 gets released because your build would be newer. In order to install the official iOS 13, you are still going to have to use the restore option.

Is there any instructions anywhere on how to go back to the official iOS after removing the beta profile? I’m sorry if this has been asked before.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You might need to wait until the release of iOS 13.1 next week, unless you want to do an iOS restore, and use a iOS 12/13.0 backup or start as new.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Per Apple Advisor:

1. Back up current iPhone with newest Beta 13.1 Beta 4

2. Set up new iPhone as new.

3. Download Beta Profile to new iPhone 11 model as it will be released overnight tonight

4. Once 13.1 Beta 4 is on your new iPhone then restore from iCloud or iTunes pending where your backup is

That said there does appear to be a difference between Public and Developer Beta. Public Beta can simply follow steps above. Dev Beta has an additional step but I’m not certain what that is.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner