How can I move from iOS 13.1 Public beta w/o losing data or having to restore?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. So I’ve enjoyed testing the public betas so far on my XS and would like to move to the official Public iOS releases coming soon.

Since I’m on 13.1 and the first public release will be most likely iOS 13, how should I go about moving out of the beta programme without losing data or having to restore from backups?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Moving from iOS 13.1 Public beta to non beta version

Hi folks. So I’ve enjoyed testing the public betas so far on my XS and would like to move to the official Public iOS releases coming soon.

Since I’m on 13.1 and the first public release will be most likely iOS 13, how should I go about moving out of the beta programme without losing data or having to restore from backups?

Wiping and restoring from backup is the only way:

https://www.imore.com/how-update-ios-beta-official-release

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

What if I simply delete my beta profile and wait for the official 13.1 iOS release??

If you have your heart set on 13, then you'll have to wipe.

If, however, you are willing to wait until 13.1 official drops, then yes, that's an option.

But from your OP, I read that you are wanting to get off 13.1 and get on 13, so a wipe is your only option if you are wanting to do that right now.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

If you have your heart set on 13, then you'll have to wipe.

If, however, you are willing to wait until 13.1 official drops, then yes, that's an option.

But from your OP, I read that you are wanting to get off 13.1 and get on 13, so a wipe is your only option if you are wanting to do that right now.

My bad then. I just want to quit the beta train and hop on the official release cycle, without having to wipe stuff.

So I can delete the beta profile and that will allow me to install the next official iOS 13.2 or whatever comes after 13.1, right?

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

My bad then. I just want to quit the beta train and hop on the official release cycle, without having to wipe stuff.

So I can delete the beta profile and that will allow me to install the next official iOS 13.2 or whatever comes after 13.1, right?

If you delete the beta profile now, you will be able to download the general release of 13.1 when it becomes available. 12.1 came days or about a week after 12 was official. The .1 release follows pretty quickly if I remember correctly.

It will be interesting to see how this 13 release goes. I don't ever remember a .1 beta available before the general release. Apple may just skip 13 all together and general release next, presumably, will be 13.1. Who knows?!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You can’t. You are going to have to restore the device.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Here’s the harder question. Have my XS on 13.1 beta. Buying a new Max Pro or whatever they call it at launch. What am I to do? My last backup was in iTunes and 12.4 so if I can setup new phone as new and restore from prior 12.4 back up but lose what I’ve done since going beta.

If I back up my XS that’s on beta 13.1 and then try to use that back up with the new device I have no clue what will happen!

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

If you delete the beta profile now, you will be able to download the general release of 13.1 when it becomes available. 12.1 came days or about a week after 12 was official. The .1 release follows pretty quickly if I remember correctly.

It will be interesting to see how this 13 release goes. I don't ever remember a .1 beta available before the general release. Apple may just skip 13 all together and general release next, presumably, will be 13.1. Who knows?!

Thanks for this. I don’t remember Apple releasing .1 before the official release of the base version. I think they may just start with 13.1 publicly with the new iPhones. Exactly, who knows?!

But at least this much is known for sure that removing the beta profile will allow us to move onto the next public release!

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Here’s the harder question. Have my XS on 13.1 beta. Buying a new Max Pro or whatever they call it at launch. What am I to do? My last backup was in iTunes and 12.4 so if I can setup new phone as new and restore from prior 12.4 back up but lose what I’ve done since going beta.

If I back up my XS that’s on beta 13.1 and then try to use that back up with the new device I have no clue what will happen!

Complicated scenario! Here’s hoping Apple releases iOS 13.1 as the first public release so you will not have so much hassle with backups and restore.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What if I simply wish to quit the beta programme and join the next official release, whichever iOS version comes next? Will removing the beta profile allow me to do that?

Removing the beta profile will prevent you from being able to install any further beta versions OTA (over the air).

With that being said, you can still reinstall the current official release and next official release, but you’re still going to have to use the restore option.

If you’re currently running iOS 13.1 beta and you opt to remove only the beta profile, you will not be alerted when the official iOS 13 gets released because your build would be newer. In order to install the official iOS 13, you are still going to have to use the restore option.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately you can not restore to a lower version of the OS. So you can either wait for the public 13.1 or you can nuke and pave on the current OS version.

I am hoping they have the beta for 13.1 for the new phones on launch day so we don’t have the same issues as when the X was released and all of us on the Dev track could not restore to the new phones

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Removing the beta profile will prevent you from being able to install any further beta versions OTA (over the air).

With that being said, you can still reinstall the current official release and next official release, but you’re still going to have to use the restore option.

If you’re currently running iOS 13.1 beta and you opt to remove only the beta profile, you will not be alerted when the official iOS 13 gets released because your build would be newer. In order to install the official iOS 13, you are still going to have to use the restore option.

I understand. So after removing the beta profile I will be able to install the public iOS 13.1 when it’s released?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately you can not restore to a lower version of the OS. So you can either wait for the public 13.1 or you can nuke and pave on the current OS version.

I am hoping they have the beta for 13.1 for the new phones on launch day so we don’t have the same issues as when the X was released and all of us on the Dev track could not restore to the new phones

Thanks. I don’t really want to downgrade to 13. All I want is to join the public release cycle and get out of the beta programme. So I can still install iOS 13.1 when it’s released as long as I remove the beta profile?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice