How can I log in to change my Apple ID if I can't log in because my email has changed?

I

iMore Question

How can I log in to change my apple ID if I can't log in because my email has changed

My email has changed and I need to change it on my Apple ID account but I can't log in using my old email account because it cannot be accessed any longer. I switched from Comcast to AT&T U-verse/Internet

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: How can I log in to change my apple ID if I can't log in because my email has changed

Welcome to iMore! Start by visiting http://appleid.apple.com and select "reset your password" at the login screen. Enter your old email address. There should be an option to answer security questions, then you can change the primary email address associated with your Apple ID once you're in. If you're still having trouble logging in, contact Apple Support. We were in a pickle with my mother-in-law's iPad not too long ago because she had forgotten her password, no longer had access to that particular email address, and we weren't getting the security questions right. We were able to speak to a representative on the phone and work it out. They were extremely helpful.

My biggest piece of advice: DO NOT use an email address that's tied to a particular ISP (i.e. Comcast, uVerse) because if you switch services you'll lose access to it. Not to mention there are PLENTY of other choices that are actually much better, IMHO. I have yet to find anything that compares to Gmail, and it's free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen