How can I keep the photos and data for certain apps so that I can create my own account?

I

iMore Question

I have a hand-me-down iphone 6s that has my parents phone and apple id information still on it. What I want to do is keep all the photos and data for certain apps so that I can create my own account for the phone. Is there a way to do this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You will have to copy the pics into a computer. App and game data *may* remain if you sign out of the iTunes & App Store with the parent’s Applr ID and then sign in with your own.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You might also upload your photos to Box or Dropbox on the iPhone. Are the apps in question on the phone with your parents iTunes ID, or apps you plan to add after you sign in with your iTunes ID? If they're apps on your parents ID, I'm not sure the app documents and data would be available on a different iCloud and iTunes ID. Also, you would not be able to update those apps, unless you sign out of iTunes, then sign back in with your parent's iTunes ID.
Register in, so we can help you better.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You might also upload your photos to Box or Dropbox on the iPhone. Are the apps in question on the phone with your parents iTunes ID, or apps you plan to add after you sign in with your iTunes ID? If they're apps on your parents ID, I'm not sure the app documents and data would be available on a different iCloud and iTunes ID. Also, you would not be able to update those apps, unless you sign out of iTunes, then sign back in with your parent's iTunes ID.
Register in, so we can help you better.

Led's right... registering will help us help you, and will help you to keep track of your posts, and answers. Click here to learn how to sign up.

Once you've signed up, please take a second to introduce yourself here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro