• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How can I install a higher mAh capacity battery on my phone?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried to get a high battery for the iphone 7 plus? Also whats the mah battery for the device as i think i need a new one as the health on mine has dropped to 82%

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You could pay Apple to replace it, which I believe is 79 dollars, OR you can try to do it yourself with a kit from iFixit (or some other place), for around 25.

NOTE: Doing it yourself is an advanced endeavor and should ONLY be done if you are comfortable and knowledgeable about electronics repair. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/iPhone/iPhone-7-Plus-Replacement-Battery/IF333-002-4

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I know a few people who have used the IFixit kit to replace their batteries. They were successful. YOU need to be patient and careful.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I know a few people who have used the IFixit kit to replace their batteries. They were successful. YOU need to be patient and careful.

Yea my brother has done it with his kid's 5Cs (when they had them), it certainly can be done. I just wanted the alert the OP that things CAN go wrong.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi my question has been miss understood thats not what i was asking i know how to change the battery as ive just changed the housing on my 7 plus from matt black to silver and everythings fine what i was asking was if there is a higher mah battery for the device? Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi my question has been miss understood thats not what i was asking i know how to change the battery as ive just changed the housing on my 7 plus from matt black to silver and everythings fine what i was asking was if there is a higher mah battery for the device? Thanks

Most likely not.
A higher mAh battery is either larger or thicker, either way, it won’t fit in the current housing, therefore it’s unlikely there are higher mAh batteries on the market for iPhones.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thabk you for clearing that up my post was changed for some reason whats the standard size battery? Im currently in the uk many thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So what is the 2910mah battery everyones talking about??

I don’t know anybody that’s talking about it.

Perhaps because it’s an aftermarket battery they are off by 10 mAh, which can either be a margin error or something else.

I wouldn’t want a £7 battery in my £1000 costing device anyway. So if there even is a ‘they’ and ‘everyone’ let them talk whatever they want.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried to get a high battery for the iphone 7 plus? Also whats the mah battery for the device as i think i need a new one as the health on mine has dropped to 82%

82% is not that bad. It still has a good bit of life left. After 3 years of heavy use, my 6s Plus was at about 68% life, before I took it in for replacement. It still worked fine, except I had to charge more often and had occasional springboard crashes. But 82% is still good. You have plenty of time to consider your options.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thabk you for clearing that up my post was changed for some reason whats the standard size battery? Im currently in the uk many thanks

My bad. :( Sometimes we retitle threads to make them appear as a question that can be answered. This makes the thread more useful to others searching for the same issue. :) I have changed it again and hope that it more closely reflects the issue at hand. :)

Tgus3

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
You can get high capacity batts that work better than oem. Look it up on amazon. I got the luctan for my 6 and it lasts longer than stock. I think it’s 400 mah more.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The oem battery on the iPhone 7 Plus is 2900mah. I bought a 3900mah battery on Amazon Prime for $25.00 and brought it to Ifixit. They replaced it, and cleaned up the phone for $20.00. Works like brand new. $45.00 was a great investment.:yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guideontheside