How can I hide everything from my girlfriend but not make it noticeable?

I

iMore Question

My girlfriend look at my phone all the time, more then 3 times a day because she thinks I'm cheating on her. I talk to a lot of people with they type of business I do. How can I hide who I really talk to, some of the apps I use and other secretive things.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Get a new girlfriend...

If you're not cheating on her, why do you need to hide the info on your phone?

Both solid answers :)

No need to hide anything if you've got nothing to hide. Though if you feel the need to do so, and she's taking your phone and going through it to look for stuff, it's time to sit her down and talk about it and/or move on.

To answer the actual question, you can use a passcode lock, or actively delete your conversations, but then they're gone. You can password protect notes, however, if needed.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't have much helpful advice. I just wanted to say that I love these questions. It's hilarious. What's to hide if you've done nothing wrong? Don't believe there is much that can be done to help you though aside from locking her out completely.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend look at my phone all the time, more then 3 times a day because she thinks I'm cheating on her. I talk to a lot of people with they type of business I do. How can I hide who I really talk to, some of the apps I use and other secretive things.

Are you? Cheating, that is.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Either have faith and trust which is the foundation of a solid loving relationship! OR password protect your phone. It won't be invisible as you desire, BUT she won't be able to see in anymore! lol

No right answer here really!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There are photo album apps you can hide photos in. Then there's Box and Dropbox to use for photos. They have a log in. And you can delete the app if need be. Then reinstall it and log in. Delete messages and emails.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow!!! I thought I had accidentally logged in to either some sort of a Dr. Phil, Maury Povich or Jerry Springer forum instead of iMore! LOL!

No helpful suggestions from me either... I don't know if you're cheating, or if she has no respect for boundaries. Either way, it's not good. I wish you both good luck.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
All I can say is talk it over with her. Maybe find out why she is so distrustful. If you two cant work things out, then its time to move on.

Id have a real issue with it if my girl felt the need to look through my phone. Not because Id have anything to hide, but because of the fact that she didnt feel she could trust me.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I always cringe when I hear someone say, "No need to hide anything if you've got nothing to hide" or something similar. It's not a matter of hiding anything. It's my stuff and I don't want you going thru it. End of story.. Kch50428 don't get offended that I used your words. It's just an example.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

If you are not cheating on her do not worry how many time her looks at the information on your phone.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Couples nowadays can happily touch and even explore every day, their partner most intimate body parts without one saying to the other don't touch there, don't explore it. Yet, there is no go for a lover to touch his/her lover smartphone for the reason that it's a private intimate thing. Def, there is something wrong going on with this era age we living in this particular regards. That said, to the op, if it's only business you do, then don't fear your lover checking up your phone, that's a proof that she fear to lose you I think, possibly other reasons too, but voila. At the other hand, if you do cheat on her, why not simply end up the relation and go with whoever makes you happy in love instead of actively looking for a way to subtly look her out? A way which I don't think exist other than protecting your private intimate smartphone and not allowing her to unlock it, let alone even start thinking about touching it, My perso 2cent

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Get a cheap phone & use it as a trap phone. Then text all your females from that. Also, hid the trap phone so your girlfriend doesn't find it obviously. Make sure u delete your texts & calls at the end of the day IF she does find it. I'm kidding lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR