How can I free up storage space on my iPhone 6s?

I

iMore Question

storage availabilty

I have an Iphone 6s and purchased Icloud space so I can transfer my photos and free up storage on my Iphone 6...However, my storage shows near full and the Icloud usage is minimal...please tell me what I need to correct.I have very little storage available and a lot of Icloud storage available. The images will sho in Icloud, however, it will not free up my storage.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: storage availabilty

Welcome to iMore! iCloud is designed to be a backup solution to what is on your phone, not an online storage solution. That being said, there are some things you can do to help free up some space on your device.

1. Activate Photo Library and select "Optimize iPhone Storage." This is found under Settings > iCloud > Photos. Low res versions of your photos and videos will be stored on your device with full res versions stored on your iCloud account.

2. Transfer your photos to your Mac/PC using iTunes or the Photos app.

Hopefully this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions!

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

I like the photo library a lot. Especially if you have a Mac. The photos magically appear on the Mac after you take them on your iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

iCloud Photo Library has been confusing for a lot of people. I prefer using Box and Dropbox. No fuss.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2