How can I fix the horrible echo I’m getting while on FaceTime calls?

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone managed to figure out how to fix the terrible echo you get when talking to someone on an 11 Pro Max on a FaceTime call? They were getting them replaced with no results early on and then it was a software issue that was going to be the cure...nope. I had forgotten about it until chatting with my daughter on hers yesterday. Maybe time for another trip to the Genius Bar?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use FaceTime often these days. In fact, I literally just finished a FaceTime call via my iPhone 11 Pro Max and I’ve not experienced any echoing to this point. With that being said, does it occur while on Wi-Fi, Cellular or both? In addition, are you wearing a headset or earpiece when the echoing occurs?

Last edited:

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
No ear piece. I FaceTimed the daughter to get more info and now it sounds fine. Who knows, time to move on to bigger problems.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No ear piece. I FaceTimed the daughter to get more info and now it sounds fine. Who knows, time to move on to bigger problems.

I hear you and I’m glad you’re no longer getting the echoing sound. Thanks for the update...:)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I use FaceTime audio and FaceTime video 95% of the time over regular phone calls, I have never encountered an echo, even with 1 bar on 4g.

Good luck op.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used FaceTime just last night and had no issues... EXCEPT for when one of the people on the call wandered out of range from her WiFi connection. Then there were issues, but everyone else on the call knew from experience that the issue was on her end and not ours. Once she got back in range, the issue was resolved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox