How can I emulate higher resolution on my Macbook Pro?

hpahaut

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Emulate higher resolution on macbook pro

When I hook up my 13" macbook pro to an external monitor, set the external monitor as the primary and then mirror displays, the 13" display emulates the 2560 x 1600 monitor.

Is there any way to get the 13" display to scale up the resolution without it being hooked to another monitor?

I understand that it won?t really be a higher resolution but I could use the extra room, even if it?s fake.

Thanks!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Emulate higher resolution on macbook pro

When I hook up my 13" macbook pro to an external monitor, set the external monitor as the primary and then mirror displays, the 13" display emulates the 2560 x 1600 monitor.

Is there any way to get the 13" display to scale up the resolution without it being hooked to another monitor?

I understand that it won?t really be a higher resolution but I could use the extra room, even if it?s fake.

Thanks!

Have you looked at  > System Preferences ... > Displays > (Display Tab) > Resolution: Scaled to see what that might do for you. Admittedly, I'm using a 15" rMBP, so what I see in that screen may be different from your options.

AFAIK, that would be the only way to do it, if it's possible. To be quite honest, I don't understand how a monitor with a lower resolution could possible "emulate [a] higher resolution".

hpahaut

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Emulate higher resolution on macbook pro

Thanks for the reply HankAZ!

Display settings was the first thing I checked. Only options are 1280 * 800 and lower.
I know the display can emulate it since it does it when the bigger screen is hooked. I guess it just makes things smaller.

I didn’t know it was possible either, I just stumbled upon it by hitting cmd + F1 (or F2 (one makes it mirror and one makes the screens individual)).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods