How can I delete pics from my iPhone without it deleting them from my iCloud Photo Library?

I

iMore Question

I had to get my iPhone 5c replaced by Apple recently, and when the employee set up my phone again, he changed something in my Photo settings and I don't know how to fix it? My question is: I plugged my phone into my computer and uploaded all the photos to my iCloud & saved them in a folder, and then clicked to delete all the photos from my phone. BUT, when I unplugged my phone & looked at it, the photos were all still on it!! Also, NOW when I tried to delete the photos from my phone, it's saying "This photo will be deleted from iCloud Photo Library on all your devices". How do I change it so that it WON'T delete these photos from iCloud photo library when I delete them from my phone now?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Disable iCloud Photo Library and Photo Stream on your iPhone. That will allow you to do whatever you want with the pics on it without interfering with the pics that are synced to iCloud and on your other devices. Just know that the pics you take on your iPhone will remain on the iPhone and will not auto sync to iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73