How can I delete iBook purchases or prevent sharing?

daveydog

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
From first look around it looks like there's no way to delete an iBook purchase, and no way to hide purchases from family share members... (you can hide them from yourself though, that's helpful! )... that really blows and I wouldn't have used iBooks if I knew that- didn't think to check first.. hope they add that functionality in... am I wrong?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
re:

They can be hidden, but not deleted as far as I know. Not sure if you can hide them from family sharing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Deleting iBook purchases or prevent sharing etc

Hide your purchases

Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
From the Store menu, choose Store > Sign In, and then enter your Apple ID and password.
Go to the iTunes Store.
Click Purchased from the Quick Links section on the right side of the iTunes Store.

Choose a content type by clicking Music, Movies, TV Shows, Apps, or Books from the top of the window.
A list of your purchased items for the content type you are viewing will appear. Mouse over the item you want to hide until an X appears its top-left corner.

A confirmation dialog will appear once you click the X.

daveydog

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site
We’re trying out an iMac so I’ll give that a whirl thanks- what was I reading? For starters ted koppels book on the grid going down, something I’d rather my 10 year old not see just yet know what i mean

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2