How can I access my folders via iCloud Drive?

MilliwaysPub

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I created a folder on my iCloud Drive and would like to access that folder on my iPhone. But I can't figure out how to do so.

I am brand new to this iPhone so I apologize if this is a stupid question and the answer is right there in front of me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I think those are set up in the apps that use iCloud Drive. I decided not to fool with it. We get just 5 free gb of iCloud back up storage. If it's used to store things, that 5 gb will run out quick. For cloud storage of photos, videos, documents and other files, I use Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Those are easier to use than iCloud Drive. I'm just using iCloud to back up my phone like I always have. No storage with iCloud Drive. It takes too much space.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You can't. There is no app to allow you to view the content. You can access it via iCloud.com or iCloud Control Panel in Windows.

MilliwaysPub

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I've seen apps that will access the folders that are already created. A little bummed I can't use it like I have used Dropbox. Seems like a feature with so much potential but they are holding it back.

iTiki

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
GoodReader may be what you are looking for. It lets you access your folders/open files from iCloud. It also lets you export those files to another app on your phone. It's $2.99 on the App Store.

googull

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Goodreader no longer does this after last update. They claim Apple iCloud usage policy prohibits apps from enabling folder management on iOS devices. :-(((

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73