How are your button conditions?

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
We all know that after sometime, home or power button may broke, even volume or mute switcher?

How about you, do you have any problems, issues with the buttons yet?

Mine all are working properly, but the home button seems to do very clicky sound.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Davingtons

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: How are yours button conditions?

I've had several iPhones and I guess I must have been lucky. I've never had any issues with the buttons on them.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

My iphone 3G 8gb device back in 2008 had a faulty home button. Took it back to the apple store and they swapped it out for a refurbished 16gb model! I was a very happy customer

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Like the others, I've never had problems with the home or power buttons on any of my iPhones.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I've never had a problem with the power or home button on any of my iPhones.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

My wife's 5s has a much louder and firmer click to it and mine is much more soft. They both work fine. My lock button is a tad recessed but works fine.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

No problems on two iPads2 and one iPhone 5S.
I also use Assistive Touch on all.
Good Luck

sintoni

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

I just have my 5s for 1 month and my friend told me that I need to always use the assistive touch to preserve my home button.

I want to know whether the home button is THAT fragile or my friend is a paranoid? I find that having a button which I can't use is just a waste of space.

Thanks guys.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Had issues with my iPhone 4S home button which I got replaced at a phone repairing center recently since I'm out of warranty. That makes me not use the home button much on the ipad as I fear it start failing when needed, instead I just use the multitasking gestures and finding my self using to hands to manipulate the ipad mini all the time. If iron can wear out, it's not the plastic under the home button which can live intact with that intensive usage I make with it, so I don't blame apple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think the button quality of the iPhones have come a long way since the 3G and 3GS days, and I think increasingly Apple has made the cost versus value ratio of these devices more and more over the years. I can't be more impressed.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

The only issue I had was the lock button on my 4S (purchased December 2011) became stiff one day, I think it was due to dirt or dust, but I went to the Apple store and they exchanged it for a refurbished one (November 2012) and haven't had an issue with it since then.

Other devices:
My 3rd gen iPod touch no issues since purchased in January 2010
My 5th gen iPod touch no issues since purchased in October 2012
My 5S no issues since purchased in November 2013

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

The power button does have a little bit of a wiggle to it, but I don't think that would signal any sign of damage in the future. It still works perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

jbs-horn

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

The lock button on my 4S stopped working shortly after it was out of warranty. Apple offered to sell me a new phone at a discount. Phone insurance replaced it, but I had to pay a hefty deductible. AppleCare, which I didn't get when the phone was new, is worth it.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Im still new..just use my ip 5s for 5 mth..so far no issue...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal