How are you Jet Black users phones holding up?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my jet back plus 256 GB a week ago and I've been using it caseless. Aside from the fingerprints it's holding up quite well. I make sure to put a napkin or something under it so it doesn't scratch or scuff when I set it down to charge and what not. Order than that I bought apple care for it so I can rock it naked. I get 2 exchanges a year so if need by I'll pay the 99 and swap one out for a new one.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
You know this thread reminds me of two VERY different mentalities at work here:
There are those items that upkeep of the original appearance is paramount such as a Louis Vuitton bag, etc. where they are made to withstand a lot of abuse and look exactly as good as they did on day one.
Then there are those items that are designed to be "broken in", as it were. In fact, their design all but guarantees it - you can look to hand painted Maison Margiela sneakers (at $500-$1,500 a pair) which show wear and tear immediately, with the paint flaking off randomly, thereby creating a unique item.

I think Jet Black falls into the latter category...

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry guys, I really love jet black color, it's simply astonishing. But I really can't understand buying a top gadget which you can't proper use on a daily basis. If I had to take so much care of my phone, putting cases, choosing the best places to put it on, looking for any micro abrasions, just to discover a few of it in a beautiful sunlight day, I would put myself crazy. For me, no way! Bought a matte black instead. One month without much care but a lot of proper use, with and without cases, and no scratches at all. No single one tiny scratches to bother me! That's the way I like it. But, yes, I have to admit, this jet black is really beautiful! I just can't understand how Apple can do a so fragile finish you can't maintain it shiny for long times.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I went into my local Apple Store today and just for kicks asked if they had any Sim Free Jet Black Iphone 7 Plus models. To my surprise they did. I already have the Matte Black but really missed the Jet Black as I swapped it for the Matte the day I got it. I went ahead and bought it.

Anyway, how are your jet black models holding up? Any case free people have any thoughts? Those of you using a case with it how is it looking if you remove the case?

I have a couple of small micro scratches on the bottom back corners - which you can only see if under direct bright light and hold it at a certain angle. I don't regret going caseless and it's held up better than how most made it out to be.

I have a Speck Presidio and a Peel for those times I may want a little bit of protection but I really refer it caseless.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a couple of small micro scratches on the bottom back corners - which you can only see if under direct bright light and hold it at a certain angle. I don't regret going caseless and it's held up better than how most made it out to be.

I have a Speck Presidio and a Peel for those times I may want a little bit of protection but I really refer it caseless.

D*mn it I was hoping you were still waiting on yours to come in.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think the scratching is overblown after owning the Jet Black for over a week. The only time I can see anything is if the phone is in direct sunlight and I am staring at it. Otherwise it looks brand new. Just so nice to hold. I'm seriously thinking about modding the Apple logo to make it glow. Would void the warranty but looks freaking awesome. I'd keep the Matte unaltered though.

8cc37c62ea41aaed18a0146f17685826.png

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I honestly think the scratching is overblown after owning the Jet Black for over a week. The only time I can see anything is if the phone is in direct sunlight and I am staring at it. Otherwise it looks brand new. Just so nice to hold. I'm seriously thinking about modding the Apple logo to make it glow. Would void the warranty but looks freaking awesome. I'd keep the Matte unaltered though.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/8cc37c62ea41aaed18a0146f17685826.png

Whaaaaaaaaaat - this is a thing? I want it!

tmcleod94

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Put a case on my phone on day 1. Installed a skin on day 15. I'm at day 30 and the phone still looks brand new, I highly recommend a clear skin if you aren't too clumsy.

garrett96

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I kind of regret not getting a jet black 7+. I let other people talk me into the matte black & was scared of the jet black scratching like crazy. :/

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro