Hotspot Won’t Completely Connect

roystreet

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello —
I’m using a iPhone 6s+ with the latest non-beta OS update. I use it as my hotspot to connect my iPad Pro to. Most of the time my iPad detect my iphone is around & gives me the ability to select it as my hotspot to connect to it. When tap on it to connect to it, it will spin like it’s trying to connect...Sometimes it will do it maybe for a whole minute & then tell me something was wrong with the hotspot. This can happen over & over. My iphone will show the device is connecting by the blue bar up top showing up. But then the iPad tells me it failed, but the iPhone then is left with wifi on as well as the cellular connection. Any ideas why? Right now, it failed the first time I tried to connect, then I tried again & it worked. It’s not consistent, but happens pretty often. My iPad appears to have no problem connecting to other WiFi’s, it’s just my iPhone. I’ve performed restarts, etc. It basically always turns on the wifi on my phone, which I woul expect, then when the connection between the 2 devices fails, it leave my phone with the wifi on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that I able to give advice on this subject, but I'm going to chime in with my own experience. Something similar was happening with my Verizon Hotspot between my iPhone and MacBook. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why and even now it still does the same thing while trying to connect my Hotspot with Bluetooth. I decided to try a hard connection and instead of Bluetooth connection. I used a hard connection (wired) and BAM, no more problems with the Hotspot. Hopefully someone will chime in that has a similar problem between a iPhone and iPad that has a solution.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods