Hotmail Sends But Won't Reveive

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 12 have been set up fine working for a year. Since Tuesday I haven't received any email from MSN nor Hotmail accounts. These accounts both work fine on my iPad.

I looked up what do do and it suggested going from push to manual. I tried but no dice. Now I am back on push and still nothing.

Both accounts send. Neither receives new email. Both work fine on computer and iPad.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought Hotmail was sunsetted and replaced/rebranded in favor of Outlook.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I thought Hotmail was sunsetted and replaced/rebranded in favor of Outlook.

I occasionally use Hotmail, and had to download the Outlook app, which I am not a fan of! LOL! When I check mail from my PC, and type hotmail.com into the browser, I am taken to outlook.live.com.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was, but people still refer to it as Hotmail.

Understood. I used to have a Hotmail account and I recall a notice of some sort from Microsoft incorporated it into Outlook. Anyway, thanks for the feedback sir.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
My addresses are still XXXX At hotmail.com and XXXX at msn.com They work fine on iPad and Android.

Uninstalling and re-installing the addresses will be my last resort.

Today it is receiving email again but not the missing ones. If I search for the missing emails by from I can get them but they are not in the inbox nor listed in junk nor spam nor archived. It's weird they are there but not there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My addresses are still XXXX At hotmail.com and XXXX at msn.com They work fine on iPad and Android.

Uninstalling and re-installing the addresses will be my last resort.

Today it is receiving email again but not the missing ones. If I search for the missing emails by from I can get them but they are not in the inbox nor listed in junk nor spam nor archived. It's weird they are there but not there.

When you login to Hotmail via a web browser, in what folder are the emails that won’t sync to your iPhone?

Once you determined that, close out the email app on the iPhone and then reboot your iPhone. Afterwards, check to see if the emails sync to it.

If you’ve already done this then please disregard.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I get Hotmail and MSN within the iPhone stock app. The missing emails are nothing special. Just no emails for 3 days. Now I am getting email again but those 3 days still missing. All are present in my iPad. None missing. They aren't ads nor spam just routine personal emails that I am now getting again. Weird.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I get Hotmail and MSN within the iPhone stock app. The missing emails are nothing special. Just no emails for 3 days. Now I am getting email again but those 3 days still missing. All are present in my iPad. None missing. They aren't ads nor spam just routine personal emails that I am now getting again. Weird.

This discrepancy between devices tells me that removing and adding the account back should sync them back :)
Edit: When you add the account back, make sure to select Outlook.com as the account type ;)

It could be that the delta synchronization is incomplete and neither side is aware that it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR