Horrible customer service experience

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
So I went to my local Apple store today because my iPhone 4 had a stuck sleep/wake button. Everything was going smooth, the Genius bar rep was exchanging my phone for a replacement one covered by the manufacturers warranty. When he loaded the new phone up he had me update it with my latest iCloud backup, but when I tried to do this none of my backups showed up. The rep handled the situation well and said that since my current phone (broken one) was running on 5.1 and the replacement one was running on 5.01 that my backups did not show up. He said to give him 5-10 ten minutes as he updated the replacement one to 5.1. The rep then left to go to the backroom for employees. This is where the problem started; 30 minutes had passed and I had not seen him come out of the employee room. At this point I was beyond frustrated and asked a different rep about the situation and she went back to check on it. The original genius bar rep came out and said "sorry I forgot about you" while he laughed like it was funny. After that he finished helping me and 50 minutes later I was on my way. When I got home i realized that whenever my new phone vibrates it sounds like the speaker rattles like something is lose, it is a very loud and noticeable noise. I emailed apple and am awaiting a response.I would love to hear people's opinions and stories if something similar has happened to them with Apple.

Last edited:

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had some truly horrible customer service, and your problems sound pretty trivial compared to what I've gone through before. I've never had bad service at Apple, though.

Spending a couple of hours to get a replacement phone isn't a bad deal, considering the alternatives. It's unfortunate that your replacement has a problem, too, but I'm sure they will fix it up for you. If you're polite, even though you feel like strangling someone, you might get a few free songs thrown in.

Your replacement phone is likely refurbished, and every once in a while, a bad one slips through the cracks. Sounds like the vibration mount isn't attached securely. Easy fix.

To save time, take the phone home and update it yourself next time.

And be thankful that you're not dealing with HP...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
First, I'm sorry to read that you had this unpleasant experience at that Apple store. I've always had a good experience with Apples customer service, both over the phone and in the store that I go to. If you have another Apple store nearby, perhaps it might be worth it to you to go there next time.

Hope you get this mess sorted out soon and get a iPhone replacement that will work out better for you. :)

Sent from my LTE iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Saying 'I forgot about you' is poor. If they said they had to go to the toilet, would you have been more understanding?

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I would call this an honest mistake rather than horrible customer service... Maybe that's just me.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Saying 'I forgot about you' is poor. If they said they had to go to the toilet, would you have been more understanding?

If you are going to the toilet for 30 minutes, either lay off the Taco Bell or get your co-worker to cover while you are gone.