HomeKit / ICloud

Stelios_T

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
To those of you with home kit, do you have a separate iCloud email for home to keep separate from main devices.

Maybe just have an iPad for home?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an TV. It also functions as a HomeKit hub.

HomeKit is associated with your Apple ID. If you were to leave an iPad or iPhone at home, it would have to be one with the same Apple ID.

Here is more information about HomeKit by iMore: http://m.imore.com/homekit

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
To those of you with home kit, do you have a separate iCloud email for home to keep separate from main devices.

Maybe just have an iPad for home?

I have 2 Apple TVs (4th Gen) which @Tartarus has said acts as a hub. I did think about having a separate account so all my bits are kept private but there is nothing on there I wouldn't share with the family..... and they aren't interested anyway!

Stelios_T

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I have 2 Apple TVs (4th Gen) which @Tartarus has said acts as a hub. I did think about having a separate account so all my bits are kept private but there is nothing on there I wouldn't share with the family..... and they aren't interested anyway!

I wasnt thinking so much private, but more so separate if there was a benefit.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I did think about setting up iCloud photo library on my Apple TV so show off photos when family visit but I just use Airplay from my iPhone/iPad so I leave it off and just use Shared Photos on the ATV which we all access :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods