Home button issues with IPad 3

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I took my IPad 3 back to the Apple store in August as the home button was unresponsive in a certain number of apps, including Safari. They exchanged it right away as they suspected it was a hardware problem. Now it is Jan 2013 and the same thing is happening. Is anyone else having this problem? I will hold off taking it back until IOS 6.1 comes out but I am wondering whether this is a wider issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Both iPad 3's in this house never had that problem. Highly unlikely it's a OS problem.

berry_addict

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I experienced the same problem, but never brought it back to Apple store. Sometimes, the home button doesn't respond at all. So I turn it off and restart.

Matador

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I took mine to the Apple store yesterday....it wasnt doing it when I brought it in but explained that it happens every few days.....they just gave me a new one and sent me on my way....I only had 4 days left on my warranty. They have a customer for life!!! I was thoroughly impressed, not too many companies out there that will stand behind their product like this....I thought I was going to be SOL as it wasnt doing it when I brought it in.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Try going into your settings menu and Accessibility where you will find the settings for your home button. Likely it will be set on default and there are 2 other settings. Try one of the other settings to see if that improves the responsiveness of your home button.

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I had this with my iPad, as it was out of warranty I re-calibrated it via the instructions on-line. All I can say is that the home button has never worked as good as it does now. I have always had to press the home button quite hard for it to work, so while calibrating it, I pressed the home button with the force I would like it work with. All sorted.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janinv23