Home Button Glitch?

Sulli#IM

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this some feature that I am unaware of or some type of glitch, but there have been a couple of times when I have pushed the home button, but instead of exiting the program, it brought up the programs that were running in the background. Has this happened to anyone else?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
This is a problem. Sometimes you'll double click and it will go to search instead of app switcher. Or you'll double click and it will go home. Odd.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, does it do this often? ... I have never had that problem myself, however My 2nd iPhone 4 had a really sensitive home button, just a slight touch activated it. Wonder if you have a issue with the button?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this is indeed a known problem and read of others having it worse

i've had the same thing happen to mine. it's intermittent and i will probably wait it out until i'm in the mood to drive 1.5 hours to the nearest Apple store, since i heard they will replace for this reason

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had it happen a bit...I'll press it with the phone locked and nothing will happen, or I press it to exit an app and get the switcher instead. Hasn't really been an issue so far, and mostly seems related to how long I hold the button. At any rate, not an uncommon thing, I think.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes this happened to me and was on the blogs here a couple of months ago. I restored as new and still didnt fix. Went to Apple and got a new one back in Oct and no more issues. Appears to be a hardware problem on many

Cparks88

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Did Apple replace it for free because it may have still been under warranty? Or had you purchased the "Apple Care Plan" for $70/year??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2