Home button doesn't always activate screen right away

brianlangevin

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

For a while now there are quite a few times when pressing the home button appears to do nothing. Repeated pressing doesn't help but eventually the screen will light up.

I've tried the "calibration" of power down and instead of sliding you press the home button until the screen comes back. No real help.

Funny thing was today when the home button didn't activate the screen I tried sliding up from bottom, nothing happened, but I touched where the flashlight button would be and the flashlight worked. Again all this with a black screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks - Brian

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can try going to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that'll fix the problem. You can also try restoring the device and setting it up as new. If you feel the device is malfunctioning mechanically, make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store to have them diagnose and possibly fix the problem for you.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the 6s Plus and have noticed this as well since I upgraded to 10.2. Not sure if it's connected or not but will see if it's happening after the next update.

mariahere

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
5s user, iOS 10.0.2 here. Home button super wonky since iOS 10 "upgrade". Doesn't respond to presses; 40% of the time there's no response. Will try the flashlight thing, to see if I'm having the same exact "symptoms". I also tried to change the "rest finger to open" setting in Accessibility options so it works like it used to, but it doesn't.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro