Holiday iPhone shipments decimated as people stop buying — but it could have been worse

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I’m not surprised. As mentioned, the supply problem cost Apple some sales. What the Article doesn’t mention is Samsung and Xiaomi will take a big hit in Average Sale Price(ASP). Otoh Apple will likely see a record ASP (Pro/Pro Max strategy). What the ultimate revenue number is? We’ll find out in a few days. If iPhone revenue is down just 10%, get ready for a likely market thud.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I guess Oliver did not look at the chart, kind of a funny way to say apple is the number 1 smartphone maker globally in q4.

d7409d17081051575dee75924d404ec2.png

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what really is reported and if it's not as bad as Oliver & Co. are predicting, how they will back pedal!

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I guess Oliver did not look at the chart, kind of a funny way to say apple is the number 1 smartphone maker globally in q4.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230131/d7409d17081051575dee75924d404ec2.png

Writing a headline that says “Smartphone holiday sales decimated, IPhone the least hurt by the slump” just doesn’t grab the attention. On the same train of thought, Glib writers want to blog on websites that Samsung annually selling more smartphones than Apple is a huge! win for Samsung. Anyone who puts in 15 minutes of reading on the subject know Samsung is objectively a at best mediocre sales company, one that really doesn’t belong in the same breath as Apple.

As I mentioned earlier, this 72.3 million iPhones sold will almost certainly be with a substantial ASP increase. This could be a whopping 10% increase. If so Apple will not miss flat YoY by much.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It will be interesting to see what really is reported and if it's not as bad as Oliver & Co. are predicting, how they will back pedal!

The chart is from the same report in Oliver’s article, a pretty big omission.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Writing a headline that says “Smartphone holiday sales decimated, IPhone the least hurt by the slump” just doesn’t grab the attention. On the same train of thought, Glib writers want to blog on websites that Samsung annually selling more smartphones than Apple is a huge! win for Samsung. Anyone who puts in 15 minutes of reading on the subject know Samsung is objectively a at best mediocre sales company, one that really doesn’t belong in the same breath as Apple.

As I mentioned earlier, this 72.3 million iPhones sold will almost certainly be with a substantial ASP increase. This could be a whopping 10% increase. If so Apple will not miss flat YoY by much.

Except the iPhone and apple weren’t hurt by a slump in the 4th quarter. There was a disruption in the supply chain and demand surpassed supply.

Android oems on the other hand had a really bad 4th quarter with demand declining substantially.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
honestly if people are this impatient to get a phone then there is a problem. I thought I had to wait 4 weeks for mines but only waited 1.5 weeks

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Except the iPhone and apple weren’t hurt by a slump in the 4th quarter. There was a disruption in the supply chain and demand surpassed supply.

Android oems on the other hand had a really bad 4th quarter with demand declining substantially.

I was being generous to the writer :).
We will know tomorrow if ASP increase is big enough to ruin the day of a hundred website bloggers who have written “decimated” or similar in regard to Apple’s Q1 23. I’m hoping for it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW